Thread: Fish - Fishheads Club Live DVD question

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Fish - Fishheads Club Live DVD question

In a recent email from Fish (sent yesterday I think) he says this:

"The full NTSC region 0 Fishheads Club Live DVD should be with us here at the end of this week!"

Isn't the one that was already shipped to people NTSC and region 0? I'm pretty sure I had no problems playing it in my "dumb" combo TV/DVD player. I had preordered, so got this a few months back. I'm confused. I guess I'll ask this on the Fish forum too, but I know there are a few others here who got this DVD.

Oops! Never mind - I'd delete this thread if it'd let me. I remember now that there WERE issues with the DVD that others had a problem with, but I was able to watch it on my "smart" Oppo DVD player.

To make it worth your while reading this, I'll post the whole email from Fish as it contains A LOT of interesting stuff about upcoming releases:

Fish in the Think Tank, a way forward

A fine weekend brainstorming with Rob Ayling ( my project advisor and coordinator) and John Reid ( My web site designer and administrator ) going over options and ideas for the future.

High on the list was the downloads question and we are looking at instigating the following -

all studio albums will be available from "mainline" sites via a third party presenting the recorded catalogue to a wider audience. (Being dealt with as a priority.)

Live material will be presented as "bundles" through the fishheadsclub.com website.(This requires discussions with providers and software compatibility - being worked on.)

This includes a download of the recent Fishheads Club Live DVD audio which fans who have already purchased the DVD will be given a free "download code" to access.

For those not wanting the DVD the download can be purchased separately through the online store!

The full NTSC region 0 Fishheads Club Live DVD should be with us here at the end of this week!

The next title up for production will be from the convention. I have decided to go with the Sunday night show as an edited film.

In deference to your wishes the title will be as a double audio cd with the entire 2hr 20 minute Sunday night performance mixed by Calum Malcolm with the DVD as a "bonus" presented in a triple CD case.This will be available at the merch stall on the May UK tour and on the web site

The audio will also be available as a download which will also contain material from the Saturday night performance , again mixed by Calum Malcolm. The "physical product" will also contain codes to download the bonus material.

Further live material from archive and other sources will be added to this download site and the idea is to take it further on the September tour where I will make shows available during the tour and capable of being purchased on the night at the merch stalls as codes.

The May tour will be recorded and be presented at a later date as selected downloads.

The filmed material from the convention outwith the performances will be edited and added to the fishheadsclub You Tube which we plan to develop as a library of clips from past and present into a comprehensive archive.This is obviously available free of charge to anyone who accesses it.

I am planning to "open up" a marketplace site on Amazon which will be a portal back to the fishheadsclub site. This again will provide much needed profile and access to fans who use Paypal which we do not use on our on line shop..

An E Bay outlet will also be set up at a later date.

Both these "outlets" will have the recently released and available titles when they come on line.Combined with the new outlets John will also be revamping the entire on line shop so you will get more information on titles etc and generally make the existing site a lot more attractive and "user friendly".

The first 2 titles I am looking at for re issue are "Vigil" and "Field of Crows" (remixed by Chris Kimsey) I'd like to think I can get these together for release in the Summer while we are working on the new album.

"Vigil" is planned to have an extensive interview containing home footage of the writing and recording as well as rare live clips and song videos on a bonus DVD. Live versions of album tracks considered a "best of" from over the years will also be contained on a separate disc with demos etc.Vinyl versions of the album are also in the ideas box as well as T shirts using the original designs. This project will be released in various formats at different prices in an attempt to satisfy everyone's budgets.

"Field of Crows" will be slightly less ambitious as I have less extra material but will still have a comprehensive option available.Again this will be released on a strictly limited vinyl edition.

I have still to work out how to fund the "Feast of Consequences" album but have decided to bypass the available models and sell copies in advance. There are other ideas for raising recording costs such as " dinner tickets" where someone can buy a place at the studio dinner table with the band with yours truly as chef and bottle opener after an afternoon spent here during the recording of the album in the Summer. The ticket will also get you a credited backing vocal on one of the tracks that need "crowd participation". Not worked it out yet and I am still thinking about other ideas. Anyone have suggestions? :-)

I am taking on someone who will help promote this and other projects online and this will hopefully develop the web site and my own profile throughout the rest of the year.

This is a model I hope we can bring together in the coming weeks well before the May Tour and for the advance sales of the new album.

The object is to remain as simple as possible and to get the material out there, available and visible to as wide an audience on as many formats as possible to keep everyone happy and me with a reliable income stream that supports what I am trying to do. The last thing I need is a complicated model as complications mean a tendency to fuck up and as I have no wish to own an "empire" this way forward seems to us to be the easiest to maintain and deliver on all levels.

I am not going down the "credits" route or considering "yearly subscriptions" that give access to "VIP" areas as they just end up demanding more management than I think is justified. It has to remain simple and efficient.

I hope you like the ideas and as always I am open to suggestions as your views are respected and taken on board,

take care, stay alive

Fish

ps just waiting on the European tour dates to be finalised in the next couple of days.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 02-05-2013 at 10:28 AM.