Thread: Hello fellow Gong freaks

Hello fellow Gong freaks

https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-mak...e-millions-alb

Hey fellow Gong freaks help the amazingly gifted Josh Pollock ex University Of Errors Acidmother's Gong release a solo album dedicated to the memory of Daevid Allen !
    Josh :
    For many years I had the good fortune of collaborating with musician/art-warrior Daevid Allen--founder of European psych-rock bands/institutions Gong and Soft Machine, cohort of William Burroughs, Jimi Hendrix, and Terry Riley, guitarist, singer, poet, madman, and all-around boon to civilisation.
    To say he was an 'inspiration' goes several cosmic levels beyond mere understatement. But to say he was also a dear friend and kindred spirit would be pretty accurate.
    When he passed in 2015, it hit me hard, and yet I was tongue-tied. Loved ones reached out, but for some reason mere words seemed spectacularly trite and ridiculous. I was incapable of expressing anything of the squall inside me, until, by chance, my solo guitar project, The Lake Millions, was asked to perform live on the air at KZSU-FM a few days later, at midnight. And it all came out. Pure, uncut, straight from my heart through my fingers--the despair, the anger, the grief, the confusion, the acceptance, even his journey from this world to the next--a full-on threnody ('a song of lamentation for the dead'), captured for posterity by the fine folks at KZSU, thank God. When I heard it back I thought, 'This...THIS is how I feel about it. THIS is what I've been dying to say, and this is the only way I could've said it.' I also thought, perhaps not uncoincidentally, that it was far and away my best, purest and bitchin'est guitar playing to date. I knew this was special, and needed to exist as a thing. And not just any thing--a special thing, an idiosyncratic thing: a 7" vinyl single, with two of the key songs on either side (one an edit exclusive to the vinyl) with a free download of the entire piece included. (The vinyl-impaired can, of course, enjoy a 'mere' download.)
    I'm most of the way there: the piece is already recorded, edited, mixed, titled ("Threnodius Daevidius"), mastered, and designed--it just needs to get pressed up, and for this I could use a little help. I don't normally do this sort of thing, but this record is an important one to me--if you could help me get this thing into the world, I would be beyond grateful.

No amount to small...

I adore UoE, I think it is one of the best projects from the Gong family.
    I love their output as much as I love the classic 70s Gong albums, if not more.
    Another great Gong offshoot is Acid Mother Gong which also boasts the talent of Hosh Bollocks, I feel that he re-vitalised the Gong family in the nineties and noughties.
    Auto-fund, of course.

Two songs only?

Done.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

I think its one long track like 40 min and then the track with Daevid

Love the UoE concert I saw some 15 years ago, and Pollock was one of the reasons... Only have one album of theirs.

Udi, will you be involved in the recording/mastering process?
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.