Thread: Cats In Space have a new album coming in August

Cats In Space have a new album coming in August

British combo Cats In Space are back with their second studio album.

"Scarecrow" is available to pre-order now from the brand online store. You can order it on 180g heavyweight vinyl, CD and cassette.

Here's the link: https://catsinspace.tmstor.es

A brand new video for the song "The Mad Hatter's Tea Party".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVL0...ature=youtu.be

Not sure if many PE folks have any knowledge about this band. So....

Fans of 70's era Queen, ELO, Styx and Supertramp should be among the first to give Cats In Space serious consideration. Recommended to those who appreciate Jellyfish as well.

yes i have their debut and i love it,so i am really looking forward to their new one ,and i like this new song alot.thanks

cheers

The singer Paul Manzi is also the vocalist with neo-prog giants Arena although as Guess Who suggests there's not much crossover between the bands other than both have great songs & are very strong live.

Really strong album with plenty of nods to 10CC & ELO!

Good stuff !!

Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    Good stuff !!
    SOT review.

http://seaoftranquility.org/reviews....ntent&id=20202

loved the debut,but i Think that this new one is even better, great album.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    Not sure if many PE folks have any knowledge about this band. So....

Fans of 70's era Queen, ELO, Styx and Supertramp should be among the first to give Cats In Space serious consideration. Recommended to those who appreciate Jellyfish as well.
    Will the debut & new CD's be available on the current UK tour, hoping to make Nottingham?

OK, thanks to this thread I checked these guys out. They are fantastic. Catchy, great vocal harmonies, solid playing, tight songwriting ("Two Fifty Nine" is actually 2:59!) -- completely my cup of tea. If this had come out 25 years ago bits of their tapes would have been forever caught in my capstans. I bought both of their albums, feeling like a kid who's been given an all-you-can-eat coupon at the candy store.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Bought this Friday and loving it! It is exactly as the the reviews I read, a mixture of Queen+ELO+10CC+ I would add a bit of The Sweet!
    I know it's nothing new & wont be everybody's cup of tea but if you like those bands referenced then you'll like Cats in Space. Along with Starset & The Manchester Orchestra they're my best new discovery this year !

I just discovered this band - did a quick search here and found this thread. I definitely can see the comparisons to ELO, The Sweet and even a bit of Styx. Enjoying everything I can find on these guys.

And a pretty great Christmas song from the band with their new lead singer:

Last edited by Dan Roth; 12-27-2019 at 09:19 PM.