Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Achim Reichel: »The Art of German Psychedelic« at Hamburg's Elbphilharmonie

There will be a 10 CD box set of A.R. and the Machines (including 4 hours of bonus material)!

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    There will be a 10 CD box set of A.R. and the Machines (including 4 hours of bonus material)!
    There it is... I've been watching increased AR activity on Discogs the last month and was wondering why...

(do you have a link?)

Quote Originally Posted by smcfee View Post
    There it is... I've been watching increased AR activity on Discogs the last month and was wondering why...

(do you have a link?)
    Sorry no, news where broken by PE member Ashratom, who is usually very reliable.

Anybody dig Dat Shanty Alb'm? That album is so damned eclectic! Its like Irish sea shanties meets 70's bluegrass meets Texas outlaw honkeytonk meets Deutschland Love it!

Do you mean reissues of all of the 70's albums like Echo, Die Grune Reise, A.R 3, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Do you mean reissues of all of the 70's albums like Echo, Die Grune Reise, A.R 3, etc?
    From what I've learned it will be all (!) 70's albums by A.R. plus a lot more!

From what I've learned it will be all (!) 70's albums by A.R. plus a lot more!
    Wow! This stuff is damn near impossible to get nowadays, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Wow! This stuff is damn near impossible to get nowadays, correct?
    As far as I know only "Die grüne Reise" had a legal CD reissue. AR 3 and Autovision where rereleased in a legit but
    somewhat impossible to get way.

i remember Eroc talking about a box set he worked on over at S Hoffman but that was some years ago.i'm hoping it includes a perfect version of the WDR show as part of the bonus stuff whenever it sees the light of day.

So is there any news here, or just a repetition of the previous rumor?

Quote Originally Posted by smcfee View Post
    So is there any news here, or just a repetition of the previous rumor?
    No additional news.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Additional news! 5 studio albums, 2 live CDs and 3 bonus CDs

„The Art Of German Psychedelic (1970-74)“ (VÖ 27.10.2017) beinhaltet die fünf Studioalben von A.R. & Machines, zwei Live-CDs und drei Bonus-CDs mit fast fünf Stunden unveröffentlichtem Material, welches Achim Reichel in seinem Bandarchiv aufgestöbert hat.

http://www.achimreichel.de/artikel/m...ile-haben.html
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    Additional news! 5 studio albums, 2 live CDs and 3 bonus CDs
    Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    That's an easy one: Achim Reichel.

I envy you.

Achim was very kind, he reached out via text and I got to meet him at the after-party. The Elphi is an amazing concert hall, Hamburg a great city, and of course, this really was a special event, well worth "meine Reise" to get there.

Here's a sample of what they played.

I really liked the show too. Thanks again for bringing it to my attention – it was a great adventure to fly to Hamburg and attend this unique gig. Achim is in great form for his age, and the band was very tight. The sound in Elbphilharmonie (impressive place!) allowed for hearing every small detail, and while the music usually wasn't all too complex at the start of each song, the way they built tension was fantastically hypnotic, vividly illustrating the claim that post-rock owed much to this brand of krautrock. The only downside was them relying on computer effects here and there (one of the musicians, also responsible for conducting the band with his hand gestures, operated a battery of laptops) – come on, this is inauthentic, you didn't have this stuff when you recorded Echo! On the other hand, the original "echo" gadget was only used as a stage decoration. Also, I did not like the flashy solo on congos – technically impressive, but this brand of music the way I understand it was never meant to show off any technical wizardry. But Achim has been a pop star for far too long to completely deprive his performance of these "special effects", so I guess that's OK. Other than that, all went well, and it was quite a blast to hear this music live – never thought I'd live to experience that.

I agree, the music/performance was very "safe" - but isn't that what you get with a 70 year old "rock star," and even more so, a 70 year old rock star's audience? However I'm not sure how else they could have done it. Listening to those original recordings on the flight over, there's a ton of multitracking; you'd need an army of guitarists to replicate some of it. I do wish though that Achim would have sung... Anyway, fun times.

More dates announced!

Achim Reichel was impressed with a new version of his project A.R. & machines in the elbphilharmonie We are happy to have a fantastic tour with the pioneer of the German psychedelic.
    04.04.2018-Lübeck - Culture Shipyard - Hall 9
    09.04.2018-Berlin, admiralspalast
    10.04.2018-Hanover, theatre at aegi
    11.04.2018-Cologne, philharmonie
    12.04.2018-Dortmund, konzerthaus
    13.04.2018-Bremen, the bell
    22.06.2018-Hamburg, city park
    Presented by: Rolling Stone Magazine, Sonic. Music Magazine, kulturnews
    Tickets will be available from 12.12. On all known pre-sales agencies and on https://kj.de/SY

The concert is released on CD, together with the studio-version of Die grune Reise. Saw it on Amazon.