Thread: Peter Principle, RIP

Peter Principle, RIP

Tuxedo Moon bassist evidently had a heart attack at age 63... from the band's website:

"Tuxedomoon's bassist and co-composer, Peter Principle Dachert, 63, has died. He was found in his room at Les Ateliers Claus in Brussels, where Tuxedomoon has been preparing a new tour and new music. He was the apparent victim of a heart attack or stroke"

"Dachert’s death comes a little more than one year after fellow band member Bruce Geduldig died on his 63rd birthday."

"Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

I'm sad to hear it. His playing is rather pronounced on both of my personal fave TM albums, Divine and Desire, although it always appeared to me that it got somewhat less prominent in the band's work over the course of the 80s.

I suppose this leaves Reininger as the final remaining early member of the band.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

It looks like he also played guitar on At home / Not at home from Wim Mertens (Soft Verdict)

A very solid player. His basslines in tracks such as East/Jinx or Seeding the Clouds, haunt me to this day. Has also a series of interesting solo albums of which I recommend Sedimental Journey and Tone Poems as priorities to anyone wishing to encounter a different aspect to Tuxedomoon's more angular (overall) style.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Sorry to hear the news. May he rest in peace. I discovered Tuxedomoon shortly after getting into the Residents. Those two bands are forever linked in my mind.

Very sad. His playing on Half Mute is so textural and profound; it makes the album. I agree with the above post stating that “Seeding the Clouds” is a definitive example of what he brought to the band’s sound.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...