Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What's New in Neo-Prog?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Filkins has another solo album after War & Peace...

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Filkins has another solo album after War & Peace...
    What's the name of it? It doesn't show on PA or Sean's own website.

Quote Originally Posted by emperorken View Post
    What's the name of it? It doesn't show on PA or Sean's own website.
    Sorry, I was mistaken. I thought his album had a different title. When War & Peace etc was mentioned I thought it was an album that came out quite a while ago and was supposed to be similar to The Final Cut and was advertised in Progression a lot.

I'll get me coat...

As I know, September month will see a new "NEO" prog album featuring some guest vocalists: Nad Sylvan (Unifaun, Agents Of Mercy, Steve Hackett), Göran Edman (Yngwie Malmsteen, Karmakanic) and Robbie Wyckoff (Roger Waters band).

Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    As I know, September month will see a new "NEO" prog album featuring some guest vocalists: Nad Sylvan (Unifaun, Agents Of Mercy, Steve Hackett), Göran Edman (Yngwie Malmsteen, Karmakanic) and Robbie Wyckoff (Roger Waters band).
    You seem to have a serious problem with calling things by their name. If you want to give a heads up for "Next Station" just do so!

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    You seem to have a serious problem with calling things by their name. If you want to give a heads up for "Next Station" just do so!
    It's coming out on the Cryptic label, with catalog number CRY-23?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    It's coming out on the Cryptic label, with catalog number CRY-23?
    I thought it would be CRY-4U...

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    There are no samples yet.

------------
    As for my "problems", I shall solve all of them without your steer.

Thanks for the heads up on this one. Their last album a few years ago was excellent, as were their previous releases as No Name.

Filkins has another...
    He was a lead vocalist on that album as well.

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=7324

Clepsydra are working on material for their next album. There's a four min. demo on the band's FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/CLEPSYDRA.C...0840421261721/

TNNE(The No Name Experience) is a band out of Luxembourg that has been around for over 20 years. Formerly known as "No Name", they have released quite a few very good albums. Their new album "Wonderland" is out and the sample sounds very good as expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vKIIgjYYbY

I'm loving the new Comedy Of Errors album, House Of The Mind. And I'm not really a Neo kinda guy.
    The Prog Corner

TNNE(The No Name Experience) is a band out of Luxembourg that has been around for over 20 years. Formerly known as "No Name", they have released quite a few very good albums. Their new album "Wonderland" is out and the sample sounds very good as expected.

I have their last album and thought it to be quite good. Wondered what was happening with them. Will check it out and thanks.
    The older I get, the better I was.

tis good and heavy too.

Eye Of The Storm

i.ain't.dead.irock

from Poland, The Adekaem released their latest album on September 29th - Sound Coloring. featuring Millenium bassist Krzysztof Wyrwa, the album might seem a tad short at 40 minutes but each of the six tracks tell a story of a different color.

Green

i.ain't.dead.irock

Italian prog band Marygold have just released their sophomore album 'One Light Year'. These guys were absent from the stage for quite long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=2fLR6jDAKJ4

This Winter Machine are currently writing new material for another studio album which can be finished in December 2017.
    I just ordered their first album tonight, The Man Who Never Was. I almost never buy anything in this style anymore, unless it's from one of the old stalwarts, but the title track is very classy, so I'm hopeful for the album.

I just watched a 3 hour utube on Uriah Heep - Is that Neo? Their post '95 albums sound very very good. I am planning on picking up Sonic Oragami, Different world Acoustically driven, and Sea of light.

If I am off base on the Neo thing I apologize, but I think later Heep might qualify. You all may know about these already. I have Raging Silence and its very good.

Oh if you have 3 hours to kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Gj9nOVfp8

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I just ordered their first album tonight, The Man Who Never Was. I almost never buy anything in this style anymore, unless it's from one of the old stalwarts, but the title track is very classy, so I'm hopeful for the album.

I had a second listen to their album recently and liked it a lot. It pressed more Marillion buttons than on the first listen.

I'm sure that someone has already said this: What's new in neo Prog: Absolutely Nothing.

I had a second listen to their album recently and liked it a lot. It pressed more Marillion buttons than on the first listen.
    Their new album 'A Tower Of Clocks' should be released in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    I'm sure that someone has already said this: What's new in neo Prog: Absolutely Nothing.
    Yeah, some say it's not a style but just a way of grouping the UK 80s Prog-Rock bands. If so, it's a pretty stupid classification.

Neo Prog died at the end the 90s, what once was adventurous and full of live and weirdness now sound like that "This Winter Machine" track:
    16 minutes of repeating the same boring Piano figure with no tempo changes or any drama...

Good to see that Galaad (Swiss) are back again, compared to what Neo Prog sounds like today this is almost Punk