Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 93

Thread: What's New in Neo-Prog?

  1. #26
    Neo, Schmeo - where are all the MOUSE Prog Bands?

  2. #27
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,505
    Quote Originally Posted by arabicadabra View Post
    Neo, Schmeo - where are all the MOUSE Prog Bands?
    Aragon are working on a comeback album

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Aragon are working on a comeback album
    Currently, some other groups are working on their comeback albums.

  4. #29
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    Currently, some other groups are working on their comeback albums.
    Things like that shall happen, but there are only a few Neo bands it would like to come back.

    Like Collage (but they lost their guitarist and lead singer in the process)

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Things like that shall happen, but there are only a few Neo bands it would like to come back.
    One of my fave Italian neo-prog bands will be back with a new release after more than 10 years hiatus. Can you envision a blend of classic Genesis and early Marillion?

  6. #31
    Moderator Sean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,396


    Ya likey?

  7. #32
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    One of my fave Italian neo-prog bands will be back with a new release after more than 10 years hiatus. Can you envision a blend of classic Genesis and early Marillion?
    There are rather a lot of Italian bands working on a comeback, but there are not a lot of Neo bands from Italy.

    Only older Italian Neo band that might do a new album I can think of are Arcadelt.

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Only older Italian Neo band that might do a new album I can think of are Arcadelt.
    It's definitely not Arcadelt.

  9. #34
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    11,388
    Quote Originally Posted by arabicadabra View Post
    Neo, Schmeo - where are all the MOUSE Prog Bands?
    MOOOOOUSE!!!!

  10. #35
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    It's definitely not Arcadelt.
    Of course not. But there are just a handful of Neo bands from Italy at all, so you are thinking about a band that I wouldn't rate as Neo.

    Asgard will record a new album soon.

  11. #36
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    11,388
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Of course not. But there are just a handful of Neo bands from Italy at all, so you are thinking about a band that I wouldn't rate as Neo.

    Asgard will record a new album soon.
    I was a member of their fan club!

  12. #37
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,505
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I was a member of their fan club!
    Not much left of the original band, just the keyboardist and their second vocalist (who sounds a lot like Kikko)

    But after being a (more than) half German band for years they are now back to be fully Italian.

  13. #38
    Member emperorken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mesquite Nv
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Of course not. But there are just a handful of Neo bands from Italy at all, so you are thinking about a band that I wouldn't rate as Neo.
    Silver Key is an Italian neo band that has made a couple of pretty good albums. Their first album, "In the Land of Dreams", is really worth checking out.

  14. #39
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,505
    Quote Originally Posted by emperorken View Post
    Silver Key is an Italian neo band that has made a couple of pretty good albums. Their first album, "In the Land of Dreams", is really worth checking out.
    Yes Silver Key are OK, just not my prefered style of Prog. I watch the Italian Prog Scene very carefull, and there are just a few Neo bands.
    Like most other Italian bands they hardly ever produces something really bad.

  15. #40
    This Winter Machine are currently writing new material for another studio album which can be finished in December 2017.

  16. #41
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    11,388
    Quote Originally Posted by proggosaurus View Post
    Cosmograf has a new one, The Hay-Man Dreams
    Listened to a bit of this and I think it's one I'll really like.

  17. #42
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    8,692
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Yes Silver Key are OK, just not my prefered style of Prog. I watch the Italian Prog Scene very carefull, and there are just a few Neo bands.
    Like most other Italian bands they hardly ever produces something really bad.
    I don't buy much in the style these days either, but Svetonio had one rec that did hit for me. (Yeah, I know.) Inior -Hypnerotomachia. I gave a number of tracks a listen before purchasing, and it is really good, imo...

    https://inior.bandcamp.com/album/hypnerotomachia
    I like the part where Icarus hijacks the Little Red Hen.

    http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

  18. #43
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    It's definitely not Arcadelt.
    So let us know, finally.

  19. #44
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,505
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I don't buy much in the style these days either, but Svetonio had one rec that did hit for me. (Yeah, I know.) Inior -Hypnerotomachia. I gave a number of tracks a listen before purchasing, and it is really good, imo...

    https://inior.bandcamp.com/album/hypnerotomachia
    I know Inior, but somehow they didn't make it on my shopping list. Will check again, so thanks.

  20. #45
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    8,692
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    So let us know, finally.
    I thought somebody posted that it is Asgard?
    I like the part where Icarus hijacks the Little Red Hen.

    http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

  21. #46
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,505
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I thought somebody posted that it is Asgard?
    That was me taking an educated guess. A band in the Neo field may slip under my Radar.

  22. #47
    I wouldn't usualy submit to this, bit I couldn't aford from the Rufussy. Götterdammerung - where/which is it? where could it possibly be? It's so pornographicaphically good.

    I heard it from The Music Is Inelligence label (Netherlands) during the 90s; where could they posssibly be?
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

  23. #48
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I wouldn't usualy submit to this, bit I couldn't aford from the Rufussy. Götterdammerung - where/which is it? where could it possibly be? It's so pornographicaphically good.

    I heard it from The Music Is Inelligence label (Netherlands) during the 90s; where could they posssibly be?
    Hey Richard, there is much worse stuff than Asgard (most of the Neo stuff released post that band).

    And not all that's cheesy is Dutch Music is Intelligence (WMMS) was German (and I did know the lable boss)

  24. #49
    Dutch progsters Minor Giant recruit a new singer, Sean Filkins who's known for his previous work with Big Big Train on the albums "Gathering Speed" and "The Difference Machine". He also has a solo CD "War and Peace & Other Short Stories"...

    Sean Filkins will be recording the lead vocals for the next Minor Giant album entitled "What Was Lost', which should be out in October 2017.

    A link to epic track from their debut release.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1R2ncbKJ-c

    Suppose, the musical formula for new CD will remain similar.

  25. #50
    Member emperorken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mesquite Nv
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    Dutch progsters Minor Giant recruit a new singer, Sean Filkins who's known for his previous work with Big Big Train on the albums "Gathering Speed" and "The Difference Machine". He also has a solo CD "War and Peace & Other Short Stories"...

    Sean Filkins will be recording the lead vocals for the next Minor Giant album entitled "What Was Lost', which should be out in October 2017.
    Thanks for the info. Interesting about Sean Filkins. I've been wondering what he's been up to since his great "War and Peace..." album. I'm not really familiar with Minor Giant, but should be worth checking out.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •