Thread: C-A drop on BC

C-A drop on BC

Somehow missed this little tasty treat last month! Grab it... Thymme pushes that rickshaw too much!

https://cheer-accident.bandcamp.com/album/stopt-clox-ii

The first Stopped Clocks album (which was released physically too) is a great album.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Yeah I noticed it when I was checking C-A on bandcamp. Bought it this week, nice album.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    S Thymme pushes that rickshaw too much!
    I bought a copy from him on his rickshaw... in front of my house. hahahaha!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    The first Stopped Clocks album (which was released physically too) is a great album.
    Although a must for fans of C-A, it's also significantly of itself in most places. I suppose the duo of The Why Album and What Sequel? - their stabs at "pure pop" - come closest to the Stopped Clocks one. Thymme J. released a somewhat poppy solo album too, IIRC - and another one consisting of minimalist piano dubs exclusively. I guess he's one of those who does as he pleases. Great voice too. And smartass drumming. Some neat trumpet.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Although a must for fans of C-A, it's also significantly of itself in most places. I suppose the duo of The Why Album and What Sequel? - their stabs at "pure pop" - come closest to the Stopped Clocks one. Thymme J. released a somewhat poppy solo album too, IIRC - and another one consisting of minimalist piano dubs exclusively. I guess he's one of those who does as he pleases. Great voice too. And smartass drumming. Some neat trumpet.
    I think I play Stopped Clocks as much as any C-A album too - full of great riffs and ideas - the balance is really spot on. Trumpet from Thymme is ALWAYS WELCOME

^ Yeah, but I believe that with C-A it's mostly Libersher doing the more challenging trumpet parts, as he apparently received some formal training on the damn thing while playing the marching band at high-school (and that's him on the Lemon front cover). Or perhaps they both did?
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM