Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Neo-psych, space, acid jamming and related!

Very good Canadian heavy psych... 2nd album.

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Nice!

Here's some more Canadian heavy psych: Hawkeyes from Kitchener ON

"Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Orcopian
    You have to check out SENDELICA- I saw them a few weeks ago at the 13th dream festival in Cardigan. I was there to see the bevis frond (who were brilliant) but was blown away by Sendelica who I'd never heard of until a few weeks before, they have released a huge body of work but in very limited quantities on vinyl & CD mostly on the fruits de mer label. There is loads of stuff on band camp though - this is a good representation of their current set.

http://sendelica.bandcamp.com/album/...in-berlin-2017

The lineup seems to change quite a bit with the bass player and excellent guitarist the mainstays, I saw a 4 piece lineup with a sax player and a really good drummer. Its all instrumental with lots of spacey sections, load of sax, mellow guitar, riffing, great drumming.

Very highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcopian View Post
    You have to check out SENDELICA- [...] Very highly recommended.
    I followed their early albums and like them a lot but for some reason haven't updated past The Satori In Elegance Of The Majestic Stonegazer. They can easily jam into great heights but they have to rethink their current output under the "less is more" aspect in order to keep the interest flowing.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Did we mention the Spanish trio Atavismo and their latest Inerte? Excellent heavy/psych with progressive elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    Did we mention the Spanish trio Atavismo and their latest Inerte? Excellent heavy/psych with progressive elements.
    I dropped this one in either this thread or the new releases of 2017 one. Love it!

Appreciate the Canadian recs as they help fuel the radio show .

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    So I discovered that Papir has a new one out, simply titled V.

I literally just got it tonight, so I'm spinning it for the first time right now. For those unfamiliar with the band, they cut into Neu! "Hallogallo" territory. While I don't know if they technically fit into the remit of this thread, I don't know if they don't.

Check 'em out, and you tell me.

Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

I just picked up the new Hawkeyes / Radiation Flowers split. The Hawkeyes side is good and pretty much what I expected, but I'm enjoying the Radiation Flowers side a bit more with its lovely female shoegaze vocals.

The Hawkeyes side includes two tracks, one of them (creator destroyer) linked upthread by Yves.

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post

I literally just got it tonight, so I'm spinning it for the first time right now. For those unfamiliar with the band, they cut into Neu! "Hallogallo" territory. While I don't know if they technically fit into the remit of this thread, I don't know if they don't.

Love this band, V is in my top ten for this year. They fit in this thread - they're not heavy enough for the stoner thread. There's a bit of post-rock in their sound as well.
    Tu veux un camembert?

There's a new Moths & Locusts out last Friday called Intro/Outro.

I played about 20 minutes of it here: https://cod.ckcufm.com/programs/462/34465.html

New Janitors just out. Great stuff, like their previous one...

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Thanks for this recommendation - I had a quick listen to parts of the upload, & liked what I heard enough to buy the album - & I'm very glad I did!

Been really enjoying Australia's Mt. Mountain. Here's a link to their latest although this one is a departure from their earlier sound. I picked up their entire discography in one purchase and have been preferring some of their earlier works:

The greatest thread since the Stoner thread!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by per anporth View Post
    Thanks for this recommendation - I had a quick listen to parts of the upload, & liked what I heard enough to buy the album - & I'm very glad I did!
    I'm glad you're enjoying it! I've found this band's output very consistent too, if you develop a taste for more.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Ordered the Moon Men CD "Amazing Science Fiction Stories" from Bandcamp, it arrived yesterday. Has this band come up here at all? Heard them on a radio show and they sounded good. Seems like a US version of Oresund Space Collective. Came with a very nice, hand-drawn and painted, signed, numbered thank you card! They don't use real names so I'd like to know who the people are behind the band. All I know is the CD was shipped by Bret Hart. The name sounds familiar, maybe these are people from the Eternity's Jest "stable?"

UPDATE: The band member's names are on Bandcamp:

DIY and Prog veterans, Bret Hart ('Admiral Eschaton Crater'), Jerry King ('Sgt Cthulhu Moone'), Dave Newhouse ('Major Dom Fook'), and William Jungwirth ('Billzilla').
    Last edited by JKL2000; 10-18-2017 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Ordered the Moon Men CD "Amazing Science Fiction Stories" from Bandcamp, it arrived yesterday. Has this band come up here at all? Heard them on a radio show and they sounded good. Seems like a US version of Oresund Space Collective. Came with a very nice, hand-drawn and painted, signed, numbered thank you card! They don't use real names so I'd like to know who the people are behind the band. All I know is the CD was shipped by Bret Hart. The name sounds familiar, maybe these are people from the Eternity's Jest "stable?"

UPDATE: The band member's names are on Bandcamp:

DIY and Prog veterans, Bret Hart ('Admiral Eschaton Crater'), Jerry King ('Sgt Cthulhu Moone'), Dave Newhouse ('Major Dom Fook'), and William Jungwirth ('Billzilla').
    I gave it a quick listen and it sounds real good, I will further investigate.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    I gave it a quick listen and it sounds real good, I will further investigate.
    It's cool - Asian motifs mixed with trombone and sousaphone and a lot of sound effects, and it works!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Moon Men CD "Amazing Science Fiction Stories" [/I]
    Proceeding with a listen... Many thanks for your recommendation.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    The greatest thread since the Stoner thread!
    I agree, really digging that Atavismo posted earlier.

A recentl discovery i've been enjoying -

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I've found this band's output very consistent too, if you develop a taste for more.
    Well, I took your advice, & have worked my way back to IIII - which is as you say. They do what they do, & they do it really well!

Should I go for III, II & I as well?!
    Last edited by per anporth; 10-19-2017 at 02:58 PM.

New VOID GENERATOR (Italy)

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

New WHITE MANNA (US)

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

OPIUM EYES OF NICO (Russia) -These guys are fuckin' great!

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS