Thread: Cy Curnin Solo albums (The Fixx)

Cy Curnin Solo albums (The Fixx)

Big The Fixx fan here! I own everything that I could find involving that band itself. However, somehow I know nothing about Cy Curnin's solo albums. How are they? Best ones? Worst ones? Best place to start? Any stories to tell?

Library Jon

I'm a fan of The Fixx too, but when Cy released his albums through CDBaby I never got impressed, mainly because I missed the unique band-sound.
    Now most of that stuff is only available as download, although Mayfly is still available on CD.

He did an EP of ambient instrumentals a few years ago that I find very enjoyable. I agree with the above poster that his solo albums are a bit disappointing.

I love The Fixx but Cy solo missed the mark, for me.

Big Fixx fan here too, but Cy's solo stuff that I have heard has not done much for me. The last Fixx album was excellent though.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    The song he did with Rupert Hine for the "Better Off Dead" soundtrack is great.

Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    The song he did with Rupert Hine for the "Better Off Dead" soundtrack is great.
    Yes, a great one! I enjoyed that one at the end of the flick.

Quote Originally Posted by Library Jon View Post
    Big The Fixx fan here! I own everything that I could find involving that band itself. However, somehow I know nothing about Cy Curnin's solo albums. How are they? Best ones? Worst ones? Best place to start? Any stories to tell?

Library Jon
    Love The Fixx.

Just have Mayfly (His first?). Kind of like Fixx light to me. Always up for more Cy, but haven't run across anything.

Kind of bummed I'm going to miss The Fixx in a few weeks because The Jelly Jam are playing the same night.