Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kotebel To Release New CD “Cosmology”

Kotebel To Release New CD “Cosmology”

For Immediate Release

Spain's Progressive Rock Legends Kotebel To Release Highly Anticipated New CD “Cosmology”

Spanish prog legends Kotebel have released their 7th studio album titled “Cosmology.” It is their first studio album since the release in 2012 of their acclaimed “Concerto for Piano and Electric Ensemble” (in the list of 100 All-time best symphonic albums in Progarchives and “Best Instrumental Album” in the 12th edition of the Independent Music Awards).

The band's new album features, among other tracks, the “Cosmology Suite”; An ambitious work comprised of four pieces that represent different conceptions of the Cosmos.

“Cosmology” marks the return of the flute into their soundscape, by the masterful hands of virtuoso Omar Acosta. It also presents the debut of Adriana Plaza as a composer for Kotebel.

To watch a visual taste of “Cosmology”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CDk...ature=youtu.be

Here's what the press has said about Kotebel:

“This is simply a stunning tour-de-force of impeccable musicianship, clever arrangements, and well-composed instrumental progressive rock” (Piano Concerto – ProgArchives)

“This is an instant classic cd for me that already enjoy instrumental music, this band don't stop to amaze me with the quality of their music.” (Piano Concerto – ProgArchives)

“Crossing genres so seamlessly, effortlessly is what makes this album, IMO, a sure fire masterpiece of progressive rock music. Well done Kotebel! This will be a tough album to beat for 2012 Album of the Year!” (Piano Concerto – ProgArchives)

“This is one stellar disc of symphonic progressive rock!” - Jerry Lucky – The Progressive Rock Files

“This is a masterwork!” - Vitaly Menshikov – Progressor

“Outstanding symphonic prog!” - César Inca – Progarchives

“One of the great contemporary prog rock bands!” - Nuno – Prognosis

“Kotebel appear to be content on exploring and extending the boundaries of their chosen genre, and are definitely a band to watch out for.” - Dave Sissons – DPRP.net

“The musicianship is top-notch!” - Yves Dube – Sea of Tranquility

Watch Kotebel’s interpretation of the “A Bao a Qu” story, as narrated by Jorge Luis Borges in his “Book of Imaginary Beings”:
    https://vimeo.com/218922594

Kotebel's line-up for “Cosmology”:
    Carlos Franco Vivas – drums and percussion
    César Garcia Forero – guitars
    Jaime Pascual Summers – bass
    Adriana Nathalie Plaza Engelke – piano, keyboards
    Carlos G. Plaza Vegas – keyboards

Very special guest: Omar Acosta - flute

To order Kotebel’s Cosmology, and listen to selected fragments, visit:
    http://www.kotebel.com/e-store/cosmology.php

For more information: www.kotebel.com

Press Inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, PH: 828-350-8158, glassonyonpr@gmail. com

They were fantastic at ProgDay a number of years ago.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Nice. Didn't know about this. I'm in.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Hi this is Carlos from Plaza from Kotebel. Just to let you know that "Cosmology" is now available. Also, if you happen to be close to Madrid on August 30th, Kotebel and Discipline will be playing together at a venue called "Galileo Galilei". A very interesting concert because both bands will be featuring recent releases. Discipline with "Captives of the Wine Dark Sea" and Kotebel with "Cosmology". Visit www.kotebel.com for more information.

This band is just stellar. And in my opinion they are the best contemporary prog band in Spain. All their albums are great and I hope they're still using the mellotron.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Quite a bit of mellotron in Cosmology. In fact, on Mishima's Dream there's even a mellotron solo!

Quote Originally Posted by cgplazav View Post
    Quite a bit of mellotron in Cosmology. In fact, on Mishima's Dream there's even a mellotron solo!
    Wonderful I'll be looking forward to hearing the album. And I wish the band could return to America but this time on the West Coast. Any future possibilities?
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Playing in the West Coast is something that we have always wanted to do. So it will happen sooner or later ;-)

I heared the new album now a couple of times and I'd say it is on par with Concerto (which was excellent)

Playing in the West Coast is something that we have always wanted to do. So it will happen sooner or later ;-)
    Carlos, great to see you post here! The new album is really wonderful. I can't say it's more wonderful than to me than Ouroboros or Concerto for Piano and Electric Ensemble, but it's equally as wonderful, and I really enjoy all three albums. Love the earlier stuff as well (I have all your studio albums), but these last three have really upped the game in my view. Top notch stuff that I hear something new and different from with each spin.

So congratulations on the new release, it's probably my favorite of the year so far! Would love to see you play in the US again, I sadly missed the Prog Day performance.

Bill

Thanks Bill!! We are hoping to set up a small US tour next year, around August. I will update the forum as soon as it is confirmed. I'm glad that you are enjoying Cosmology. Together with Ouroboros and Concerto for Piano and Electric Ensemble, forms a trilogy that can give a very good idea of what Kotebel is about, and my approach to integrate classical music elements into our dear genre.

We are hoping to set up a small US tour next year, around August.
    That would be very nice!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

It's really, really good, Carlos. I'm totally enjoying Cosmology.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

One of the very few bands who can make symph sound fresh and relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    It's really, really good, Carlos. I'm totally enjoying Cosmology.

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Thanks!

The album is currently available in 24 bit Hi-Res on HDtracks
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Excellent album, Carlos. This is the first thing I've heard from Kotebel, but if the other records are anything like this caliber I will be checking them out. Really good stuff.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    This really rings true for me.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    This really rings true for me.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Excellent album, Carlos. This is the first thing I've heard from Kotebel, but if the other records are anything like this caliber I will be checking them out. Really good stuff.
    aith01, if you liked "Cosmology" I strongly suggest the "Concerto for Piano and Electric Ensemble" and then "Ouroboros" in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    If you really want to help Kotebel, buy the digital albums from https://kotebel-music.bandcamp.com/ you can get them in high resolution format. We don't get a dime from sales done through HDTracks.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Let me do a simple math here: HD TRacks, pays only 5% for each sale to Musea, who in turn pays me a fraction of the digital sales. So, HDTracks gets almost $18 and I get 40 cents (granted, it's more than a dime...) Bandcamp on the other side, keeps 10% of the sales price. So 90% goes to the band.

Let me do a simple math here: HD TRacks, pays only 5% for each sale to Musea, who in turn pays me a fraction of the digital sales. So, HDTracks gets almost $18 and I get 40 cents (granted, it's more than a dime...) Bandcamp on the other side, keeps 10% of the sales price. So 90% goes to the band.
    Ahh and, by the way, it is impossible for HDTracks to offer "Cosmology" at true 24bits resolution. Because I hold the masters. I send regular CDs to Musea, which are at 16bits. Unless of course, Musea got them from Bandcamp in order to have the recordings with 24bits resolution, and pass them over to HDTracks. My guess is that HDTracks is taking the songs at 16bits and resampling them to 24bits. This of course, adds nothing to the quality of the recording (quite the opposite). Crazy world....