Thread: The Genesis Show Live (Tribute Band)

The Genesis Show Live (Tribute Band)

They are playing the Keswick Dec 30th. Worth checking out or just another oversaturated tribute band???

I have seen this band several times. They make no effort to look like Genesis. It is all about the music. Basically, you are getting the entire "Seconds Out" album with a few surprises. So I think that this concert is worth attending if you are a big late 70s era Genesis fan.

Library Jon
    Last edited by Library Jon; 06-20-2017 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Library Jon View Post
    I have seen this band several times. They make no effort to look like Genesis. It is all about the music. Basically, you are getting the entire "Seconds Out" album with a few surprises. So I think that this concert is worth attending if you are a big late 70s era Genesis fan.

Library Jon
    Might be worth it for me then. Really didn't start to enjoy them until after Gabriel left.

I am a huge Gabriel era Genesis fan and a huge The Musical Box fan because of what they do. So I was reluctant to go see this show last night, not being much of a Collins fan. But I am so happy that I did. They really delivered a wonderful show. As Jon says above, they are doing something completely different than The Musical Box. They are recreating the Seconds Out tour and do it incredibly well. One can tell that they are new and have only performed a few times. They almost still need to kinda find their groove and rhythm. But don't let that stop you. One For The Vine and Los Endos were stellar. Support this band if you can. You will not be disappointed.

I really enjoyed the show, they have great lighting and a very ferocious smoke machine. The band plays great, and the set list was right on, who else does "All In A Mouses Night, Inside And Out and Liliwhite Lilith/Waiting Room/Wot Gorilla along with the more well known Seconds Out tunes. There were numerous times between the lights and the smoke that the musicians disappeared, and in my minds eye I was transported back to the Spectrum, March 8,1977, especially when they got the double drums cranked up, Spectacular! I went at the last minute yesterday, and I'm really happy I did. If you get a chance to see them by all means, do it.

Where is this tribute band from? Philly/east coast area? Anyone know if they do shows in da Midwest?
    There was some band that did a Seconds Out show at Progtoberfest in Chicago this past Oct. Cant remember their name and didn't get to see the show. Same band?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Where is this tribute band from? Philly/east coast area? Anyone know if they do shows in da Midwest?
    There was some band that did a Seconds Out show at Progtoberfest in Chicago this past Oct. Cant remember their name and didn't get to see the show. Same band?
    I think that might have been Abacab: The Music of Genesis, who played a preshow before Progday in 2016. They were great!

I believe they are from the Vineland N.J. area.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I think that might have been Abacab: The Music of Genesis, who played a preshow before Progday in 2016. They were great!
    Yes, it was ABACAB. They totally exceeded my expectations at Progtoberfest. I have not seen the band in this thread.

while I love the musical box having seen all their various Gabriel shows I would really like to see a tribute band do a Collins era show sometime out west here. musical box is coming again before too long but wish they would mix it up whether that means doing Collins era or maybe just making a new unique show maybe with some lesser played Gabriel stuff I would appreciate it.

^ I only saw TMB once, and it was a recreation of a Trick show, so they do do them.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    while I love the musical box having seen all their various Gabriel shows I would really like to see a tribute band do a Collins era show sometime out west here. musical box is coming again before too long but wish they would mix it up whether that means doing Collins era or maybe just making a new unique show maybe with some lesser played Gabriel stuff I would appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ I only saw TMB once, and it was a recreation of a Trick show, so they do do them.
    Yeah, but I think they only did that on one tour. I'd love to see it too. I shouldn't have missed that, and I've seen TMB five or six times. I guess it's a big thing to do since I think it's with a different vocalist (at least I hope it is). And he must have a beard.

***Just ANNOUNCED*** Saturday March 24....Sunoco Performance Center, Harrisburg, PA

I'd go see any band claiming to even try to play Genesis. Here is Tejas, we get very little decent music to go out and see. Any attempt at just playing the music would be very appreciated. I wonder if they need a good Phil Collins knock off. I do a pretty decent "Land of Confusion" on the Karaoke machine.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Yeah, but I think they only did that on one tour. I'd love to see it too. I shouldn't have missed that, and I've seen TMB five or six times. I guess it's a big thing to do since I think it's with a different vocalist (at least I hope it is). And he must have a beard.
    Originally TMB was going their drummer at the time (Martin Levac) who was Phil's doppelganger in voice, looks and drumming skills; but sadly he left the group. They then found another vocalist for this tour, but a month or so before the tour kicked off the singer left. They ended up using their current singer, Denis Gagné. There was a lot of criticism of him sounding too much like PG instead of PC (and yes, he had a beard). I saw the show in Chicago and I thought is was great. I also have a ROIO of this show and I always enjoy it whenever I listen to it. To each his own....

Quote Originally Posted by pbs1902 View Post
    Originally TMB was going their drummer at the time (Martin Levac) who was Phil's doppelganger in voice, looks and drumming skills; but sadly he left the group. They then found another vocalist for this tour, but a month or so before the tour kicked off the singer left. They ended up using their current singer, Denis Gagné. There was a lot of criticism of him sounding too much like PG instead of PC (and yes, he had a beard). I saw the show in Chicago and I thought is was great. I also have a ROIO of this show and I always enjoy it whenever I listen to it. To each his own....
    Levac was a spot on Phil. He even had the natural balding look, and also spot on looked like Phil while drumming the way Phil would kind of look away casually half closing his eyes. Very good vocals. I wish he had stayed so TMB could have done the Trick/Wind era stuff with him to change it up more from the Gabriel shows. I saw Gagne do the Trick show once, and while the music was good, he wasn't as good a Phil as he is a Gabriel.
    Anyone know what Levac ended up doing? I thought I had heard he was going to start his own Collins era tribute band, but then I lost track.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    I'd go see any band claiming to even try to play Genesis. Here is Tejas, we get very little decent music to go out and see. Any attempt at just playing the music would be very appreciated. I wonder if they need a good Phil Collins knock off. I do a pretty decent "Land of Confusion" on the Karaoke machine.
    Well you get a whole lot more than we do in our neck of the woods. Had to travel to Dallas to see KC & will be there again to see Marillion. Those kind of bands never come here... heck even Rush stopped coming here decades ago.

The Genesis Show is back with another year end concert at The Keswick Theater, Glenside, PA. Saturday December 29.

https://www.axs.com/artists/1103931/...s-show-tickets

Yes Sir! There's a whole gang of us going. Very much looking forward to it.