Thread: Dreadnaught 24-hour release party!! All back catalog discs half price!!!

Dreadnaught 24-hour release party!! All back catalog discs half price!!!

Hello everyone,
    Today is the official release date of the phenomenal (phenomenal being subjective, of course) new album by Dreadnaught, HARD CHARGIN'.

It has been quite a wild surreal journey that has led to this extremely joyous moment for Bob, Rick and Justin. After the release of the unparalleled classic (yes, you hear that shit all the time, but in the case of this album it is true) The American Standard in 2001, the trio was forced into fracturing for various personal reasons...and those reasons carried on....more than a decade passed by, and under various configurations Dreadnaught also carried on, refusing to die. A couple of other now-lost, mindblowing albums were birthed by the band during this period...Musica En Flagrante, and Live At Mojo. Perhaps one day we will be able to make them available as downloads. I hope so. Buy them online NOW, if you can find them.

The classic trio of Bob, Rick, and Justin reunited at last, and although playing together, did not have any plans to record any new material. Then, in 2012, an offer came from the wonderful folks at Progday to perform, and they were given the Sunday morning "church" slot (which deserves a story of its own at some point). Our boys showed up bright, early, and frosty, and did a set that laid waste to the crowd, and were given a standing ovation, which stunned them into happy confusion (a tidbit which you may find elsewhere---Bob got so hot during their set that he melted the varnish off the back of his Rickenbacker).

In any event, they kicked my ass so mightily I insisted that they had to record some new shit (shocking for the shrinking violet that I am)!! Not long after, Bob yelled at me and said "Hey, come have a drink with Dreadnaught"!
    Lo and behold, a mindblowing EP with a similar name by "our boys" appeared on the market, almost a year to the day.
    Unable to turn off the faucet of joy and creativity that resulted from recording together again, another EP, "Gettin' Tight With Dreadnaught", was released on April 1, 2015...perhaps for a particular reason. Perhaps not.

And, at long last, today, the band's new full-length disc is officially available...adding more pieces to the puzzle that need to be deciphered. I have helped add to the confusion and puzzle with a short story called "Have A Drink With Dreadnaught". It should be up on the band's website, www.dreadnaughtrock.com
    Any explanations of that tale are more than welcome....please post them here or send to me at geoff@redfezrecords.com.

Are you still awake and waiting for me to get to the point? Well, here it is!
    Tomorrow, Saturday, beginning at 12PM EST, physical copies of the band's back catalog will be on sale for HALF-PRICE, for 24 hours, until 12PM EST on Sunday, at www.redfezrecords.com ! Obviously this is a shameless ploy to get you to visit the website and buy a copy of HARD CHARGIN', but that is not a condition of the sale whatsoever!! We'd just like to give everyone an opportunity to pick up some of the band's killer albums on the cheap (and as an aside, I have to say if you don't buy a copy of The American Standard at *half-price*, you are passing up something special).
    Also available at 50% off are Justin's solo disc "Blood From A Stone", on which Justin sings and plays all the instruments...recorded buried in snow in his Maine garage. Maybe solo Brett Kull meets Bon Iver?
    AND, the God-pounding CD of the year, "Order Of Thieves", recorded by Bob and Rick with some sick Tony Iommi-Petri-dish riff-God named Jon McCormack....I'm not even sure they know who he is. Absolutely stomping. Check out the track "Border Cop" on YouTube.

Gadzooks...samples are available on the "Catalog" page, and this unbelievable, mind-bending offer can be taken advantage of on the "Purchase" page.

Thanks for reading through my blather, and thanks for supporting this amazing band! As Tony Levin said, "I'll try not to gush about how good this band is."

And, if you have a few bucks left over, pop over to Cuneiform and buy "Edit Peptide" by another great long-lost band who are back after summiting a few Everests of their own----Bubblemath. Another excellent band like Dreadnaught who said "fuck you" to all the obstacles and made it back to us.

Thanks!
    Geoff
    geoff@redfezrecords.com

"I have helped add to the confusion and puzzle with a short story called "Have A Drink With Dreadnaught". It should be up on the band's website, www.dreadnaughtrock.com
    Any explanations of that tale are more than welcome....please post them here or send to me at geoff@redfezrecords.com."

My mistake....the "Have A Drink With Dreadnaught" story does not seem to be available on the band website yet.

You'd think whomever was in charge would fix that.....

Purchased. Great group of guys. We played a ProgDay alumni show with them in '13 at Local 506. Richard was also a mensch and came to see us in Concord, NH last year.