Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: ELP Black Moon and In The Hot Seat reissues

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    ^No. That's some European TV show. I wonder who the hell had that crazy idea?? The Memphis show was a live performance.

For some reason ELP did a few 'pop' TV shows in the late 70s when they never had before. See them appearing on Top Of The Pops to play 'All I Want Is You'.
    I've seen that TOTPs performance.

I have a boot of the Memphis show (audio, not video).

That tiger thing was funny because someone decided to take the tiger to Lake's dressing room afterwards. Lake wasn't thrilled about that. 😆 I guess they figured the tiger liked Lake since it sat on Lake's foot.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lak611; 08-01-2017 at 01:50 PM.
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by Bazcrim View Post
    What I find annoying about a lot of reissues is that the original album credits are never reproduced. The new Black Moon has minimal credits, both the CD and vinyl editions. The full credits, including instrument listings are nowhere to be seen. That just seems so slap dash! Hugh Gilmour should buck his ideas up.
    Don't understand it either. Lack of a budget, maybe?

they have added a preview of tarkus which will apparently be the first track of the live in Italy set.

^I've seen your post on the Hoffman forum- why make this preview exclusive to pledgers, don't they want more?? And why the evasiveness about the tracklist? For interested parties, it seems a reasonable deal for the price on the surface, make it clearer what those buying will be getting.

^I've seen your post on the Hoffman forum- why make this preview exclusive to pledgers, don't they want more?? And why the evasiveness about the tracklist? For interested parties, it seems a reasonable deal for the price on the surface, make it clearer what those buying will be getting.
    ya the whole thing has been pretty unfortunate. my main solace is I have not bought any of the recent reissues so I suppose I am at least getting the remasters and I have most of the live albums that are missing separately so my main loss is the love beach bonus tracks if they are not included.

decided to order it in hopes of them fixing the issues with some prodding, and how can I miss out on black moon rough mixes!

I bet if you don't care about those rough mixes though the main box will be significantly discounted at some point on amazon.
    Last edited by gojikranz; 08-02-2017 at 01:51 PM.

The back of the sleeve for the In The Hot Seat vinyl states that 'Black Moon' is dedicated to Keith Emerson and Greg Lake.

Watching Manticore Special again, the narrator actually mentions some of the clips are from Verona and Milan, so there we go. Definitely the same shows as will be in the box.

Another thing- what's the 'walk off' music ELP used throughout their career? It's an orchestral piece.
    Something tells me in the back of my mind it was an extract from Benjamin Britten's `Young Person's Guide To The Orchestra'. I know the piece you mean.

^^ Britten's Guide to Orchestra was based on the second movement of Purcell's Abdelazer Suite.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Harbottle View Post
    The back of the sleeve for the In The Hot Seat vinyl states that 'Black Moon' is dedicated to Keith Emerson and Greg Lake.
    All ELP reissues of 2017 are dedicated to them.

Quote Originally Posted by grego View Post
    All ELP reissues of 2017 are dedicated to them.
    Re-read what I wrote.

karn evil 9 from the 97 paris show has been put up presumably only to those who have purchased the set again.

it includes the option to download it which may indicate that the vinyl show will only be vinyl given they would not allow us to download the preview track from that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbottle View Post
    Re-read what I wrote.
    What would it clarify? I have some CDs of 2017 reissues, each one states the same dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by grego View Post
    What would it clarify? I have some CDs of 2017 reissues, each one states the same dedication.
    I believe he is pointing out that they called it black moon when it was in the hot seat. more sloppy quality control.

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    I believe he is pointing out that they called it black moon when it was in the hot seat. more sloppy quality control.
    Indeed. It makes you wonder how much they care about what they are doing. It's not as if there's much text on these sleeves to proof read.

Who is actually in charge of getting this project on PledgeMusic in the first place? Is there any specific individual who came up with the idea? I don't see any mention of that on the website.

Laura

they have had all the phases of the reissue series on pledge music for some reason. this is the only one that actually has some exclusive content (aside from test pressings or little cards).

a guy named Julian Huntly has been responding to some questions on there but he seems to not really be in the know because a few times he has said he will tell people at BMG and try and get a response.

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    they have had all the phases of the reissue series on pledge music for some reason. this is the only one that actually has some exclusive content (aside from test pressings or little cards).

a guy named Julian Huntly has been responding to some questions on there but he seems to not really be in the know because a few times he has said he will tell people at BMG and try and get a response.
    Why would the record label use a crowdfunding site? What benefit would there be for the record label rather than selling in stores (online and brick & mortar)?

Laura

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Why would the record label use a crowdfunding site? What benefit would there be for the record label rather than selling in stores (online and brick & mortar)?

ya I think pledge music has kind of been coopted lots of major releases on there for little or no reason just another place to sell goods. the recent genesis vinyl reissues were on there and plenty of other things that are coming out regardless of people buying them on pledge music. they have no goal to reach just a store front(and usually higher prices than you would pay on amazon certainly more shipping).

Quote Originally Posted by olivetti View Post

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I've seen that TOTPs performance.

I have a boot of the Memphis show (audio, not video).

That tiger thing was funny because someone decided to take the tiger to Lake's dressing room afterwards. Lake wasn't thrilled about that. �� I guess they figured the tiger liked Lake since it sat on Lake's foot.

Perhaps the tiger wanted to have a meal with Lake.

Please tell me that photograph was photoshopped.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Please tell me that photograph was photoshopped.
    Dont worry!
    Done by me! :-)
    But they are in a sauna, added the text only!

that tracklist is missing a few of the discs so hopefully it is incorrect in other ways. but looking more and more like a big mess.

Why don't they put out the '73 live stuff separately? It would presumably sell to anyone who bought Mar Y Sol.

I also note the Birmingham disc is just a small fraction of the show.