Thread: Necromonkey improvising 2 x 45 minute sets with Ninah Pixie and Das Ala Ubuibi

Necromonkey improvising 2 x 45 minute sets with Ninah Pixie and Das Ala Ubuibi

Hey hey,

we are back from our amazing Californian tour tour and I thought I should share how we ended it all...

On our last day in Alameda we recorded 2 x 45 min sets live on the air with our friends Ninah Pixie and Das Ala Ubuibi.

Its not really easy to figure out who is playing what at times but there are some magical moments in there...

https://archive.org/details/ubradio_salon491

Have a listen and please comment...(we had this idea of maybe editing it down to a 45 minute release as a postcard from the tour and also expanding the idea further of what we are....and not)

// Mattias

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roth-Handle Studios View Post
    Hey hey,

we are back from our amazing Californian tour tour and I thought I should share how we ended it all...

On our last day in Alameda we recorded 2 x 45 min sets live on the air with our friends Ninah Pixie and Das Ala Ubuibi.

Its not really easy to figure out who is playing what at times but there are some magical moments in there...

https://archive.org/details/ubradio_salon491

Have a listen and please comment...(we had this idea of maybe editing it down to a 45 minute release as a postcard from the tour and also expanding the idea further of what we are....and not)

// Mattias
    Cool, thanks! Live on the air where?

Alameda, CA.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Cool, thanks! Live on the air where?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roth-Handle Studios View Post
    Alameda, CA.
    What station?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    What station?
    It was an internet broadcast...podcast...whatever you call it. And it's really good too.

I agree with you, Mattias; edit it down to the best 45 minutes and sell that sucker.

Im generally against putting out livealbums as they usually contains just another version of the same song (also there is the the whole concept of milking the audience which I despise) but this is something completely different and shows another side of the band which in a way connects with "show me where it Hz" but more experimental.

I also love the interaction with Das and Ninah and the musical conversation. Very little was said before we started. We just went for it.

It was also recorded using only line signals, no microphones and was mixed live on to two tracks which is also great. I love that brave aspect... We can edit but the mix is what it is... Its a sonic photograph.

// Mattias

Quote Originally Posted by FrippWire View Post
    It was an internet broadcast...podcast...whatever you call it. And it's really good too.

I agree with you, Mattias; edit it down to the best 45 minutes and sell that sucker.

will check out - thanks mate

Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    will check out - thanks mate