Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Eddie Jobson Tour!

For me, it was easily the best $75 dollars I've spent in a long time, and I'm far from wealthy. It was really a concert of a lifetime. I sure hope the band was able to at least break even on this tour, because they clearly put a lot of effort into putting on an outstanding show.

Jefferson James
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    up to $75 to $100 in bar tabs.
    Let's hang out some time.

Is it getting obvious that for Jobson to tour in America does he need to have a a popular frontman....Was this why he didn't tour the Zinc album in '83 which is quite shocking and depressing to me....

Quote Originally Posted by omark View Post
    ^ I'm with progman1975 on this. I just snagged a Carl Palmer ticket for next week's show in DC for a grand total, including svc. charges, of $21, using Goldstar. The regular ticket price was $30.

Are you going to actually compare Carl Palmer to Eddie Jobson and say that Eddie commands a ticket price more than twice Carl's?

When Palmer played the Philly area the price was $50. So, not only was the price not much different, but, it seems that Palmer has had a big price drop. Maybe EJ is not the only one with sales problems?

Palmer is a drummer and he did not write ELP's music. I have his new CDs and DVDs but I only listen in bits. I couldn't sit through an entire concert.

So, damn right I would pay more for Jobson.

Nothing I've written--I don't think...but I'm not going to bother checking--has criticized anyone for going to these shows. If anyone wants to consider a show "the concert of a lifetime," I think that's great. I said that I enjoyed Eddie several times over recent years. My point was that this particular (recent) show was absolutely not a must-see (for me), at $75++, and obviously a lot of other people felt the same way. As was argued above--and I agree--for many people, there is a big (perceived) difference between a $30-$50 ticket and a $75-$100 ticket (plus all of the other costs for an evening). If you want to make it a contest and judge whether EJ deserves to charge $75, and CP $50 or less, I'll leave that up to you. For my entertainment dollars, I was very pleased with seeing a phenomenal jazz musician tonight (Craig Taborn, with Gerald Cleaver on drums) for $20 (plus beer). But looking forward to seeing CP on Wednesday. (Too bad the Howard Theatre charges $18 for a hamburger and $25-$30 for dinner plates.)

(Too bad the Howard Theatre charges $18 for a hamburger and $25-$30 for dinner plates.)
    Pound for pound the burger is the best deal there. Now if the dinner portions were as bountiful as the Double T it wouldn't be so bad. One show a friend ordered the salmon, then had to get a plate of fries just to fill him up. Before The Ringers show we ate at Timbuktu's. A little pricey but filling and I brought a crab cake home for my wife's lunch the next day.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Pound for pound the burger is the best deal there. Now if the dinner portions were as bountiful as the Double T it wouldn't be so bad. One show a friend ordered the salmon, then had to get a plate of fries just to fill him up. Before The Ringers show we ate at Timbuktu's. A little pricey but filling and I brought a crab cake home for my wife's lunch the next day.
    Yeah....we skipped the grub at Howard before SW and got Ray's Hellburgers. We were satisfied

Nothing I've written--I don't think...but I'm not going to bother checking--has criticized anyone for going to these shows. If anyone wants to consider a show "the concert of a lifetime," I think that's great. I said that I enjoyed Eddie several times over recent years. My point was that this particular (recent) show was absolutely not a must-see (for me), at $75++, and obviously a lot of other people felt the same way. As was argued above--and I agree--for many people, there is a big (perceived) difference between a $30-$50 ticket and a $75-$100 ticket (plus all of the other costs for an evening). If you want to make it a contest and judge whether EJ deserves to charge $75, and CP $50 or less, I'll leave that up to you.
    I feel like there are certain folks in here who don't just disagree with our assessment of the ticket price, but somehow want to villify us, as if our assessment is the reason folks are staying home or something.

For those of you who feel we are wrong to say the ticket is undervalued, what do you think is driving the low attendance at these shows? Poor promotion perhaps? I don't recall seeing more promotion for the UK show last year in Baltimore, but perhaps I am mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Yeah....we skipped the grub at Howard before SW and got Ray's Hellburgers. We were satisfied
    When are you going to post some of those moon shots from the UK show.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    When are you going to post some of those moon shots from the UK show.
    When my therapist and I agree that I am ready to face the trauma again

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    For those of you who feel we are wrong to say the ticket is undervalued, what do you think is driving the low attendance at these shows? Poor promotion perhaps? I don't recall seeing more promotion for the UK show last year in Baltimore, but perhaps I am mistaken.
    He wouldn't have low attendance if he played in smaller venues, with more reasonable ticket prices. It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    I have seen them 3 times in the last year and I ve noticed 2 songs they won't touch, "Nothing to Lose and 'Mental Medication"
    On his website's forum, Wetton was recently asked if UK would be playing Mental Medication on the recent cruise and tour. His response: "Over my dead body."

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Canary View Post
    On his website's forum, Wetton was recently asked if UK would be playing Mental Medication on the recent cruise and tour. His response: "Over my dead body."
    MM has some good moments and I don't think Nothing To Lose is a bad song either, but I'm glad they didn't waste time on either one with much better material in the catalog to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Canary View Post
    That was not the response to that question but to another one (carefully read the topic and you'll find out what question, unless it's been edited... you never know).

Edit: yes, they've edited the post again, but kept the 'over my dead body' post. It definitely was not a response to 'Mental Medication' though.
    Last edited by killmymusic; 05-07-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthNY Mark View Post
    For me, it was easily the best $75 dollars I've spent in a long time
    Well here's three people you just pissed off