Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: The Show That Never Ends: The Rise and Fall of Prog Rock

Thank you, John. Better haircuts too!
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    [Gordon Haskell] would move on, recording the sort of soulful music he had wanted – the antithesis of Crimson. “The King Crimson weapon is musical fascism, made by fascists, designed by fascists to dehumanize, to strip mankind of his dignity and soul,” he said later. “It’s pure Tavistock Institute material, financed by the Rothschild Zionists and promoted by two poncy public school boys with connections to the city of London.”

God save me from over-self-absorbed young prat musicians. I'm sure all the Italians of the late thirties would completely peg Fripp and Mussolini as peas in a pod.
    Well, it's a bit the same thing Christian von Grumbkow (Hoelderlin) said about Eloy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    There are several PhDs in rotation on the band, with some notable academic interest in parts of Eastern Europe and, obviously, Japan. One of my true wonderings about this is who the hell they tend to invite to sit opponent council when the thesis is presented at disputas. I know Luis Andriessen was once apparently a fan, I just somehow can't imagine the guy tutoring at PowerPoint before a gathering of Kobaďan half-goblins in the audience.
    Louis Andriessen was a Magma fan?
    I can imagine that from his music, but where did you read that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Well, it's a bit the same thing Christian von Grumbkow (Hoelderlin) said about Eloy.
    Did he peddle the same antisemitic crap that Haskell did in that quote?
    No matter what anyone says, you are the decider of how you will listen to music.

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    Did he peddle the same antisemitic crap that Haskell did in that quote?
    No that not, he just compared Eloy with having a kind of fascist esthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    No that not, he just compared Eloy with having a kind of fascist esthetic.
    LOL Eloy as fascists. Sounds like a bitter musician who was jealous of another band's greater success.

Quote Originally Posted by zeprogmeister View Post
    LOL Eloy as fascists. Sounds like a bitter musician who was jealous of another band's greater success.
    Not as fascists, but as a kind of fascist esthetic, which is a bit different.