Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Captain Beyond on tour?!

Wonder how Simon Lind's voice compares with Rod's. Rod's vocals to me were a huge part of the mood of Captain Beyond.

Well, they had a different singer for Dawn Explosion, Willie Dafern, in their third and last album in 1977, when Caldwell himself returned to the band after not appearing on Sufficiently Breathless. So, they never were a very stable outfit, even in their heyday. By the way, I've always wondered if the Paul Hornsby who guests on organ in Sufficiently Breathless is related to Bruce Hornsby.

The Bear's Den show was blistering hot ! Local git man Jamie Holka was amazing ! He has sort of a Adrian Belew style. Bobby Caldwell asked for a show of hands for anyone there who wasn't related to him ! LOL ! Playlist of mainly the 1st and 2nd lps, one Armageddon/Robert Plant tune. (didn't catch it's name) The crowd was on the 'elderly' side, but all true fans. Finally got the 4 track cd ep from 1999 at the merch table. The whole band was signing stuff in the lobby after the show, damn, if I knew that, I would have brought my CB 45's. GO TO THE SHOW !!

You whiners wanting original members REALLY missed out. I feel sorry for y'all.