Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ian Anderson goes full Tull

Ian Anderson goes full Tull

http://www.beprogmyfriend.com/

He's not even using his own name any more.

A UK tour would be good!

This calls for a major reassessment.

Somebody call Brian Lane!

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by revporl View Post
    http://www.beprogmyfriend.com/

He's not even using his own name any more.
    It's Ian Anderson “Best of Jethro Tull ” on his own site.

Very disappointing, if this is the case.

Most of the people who know enough about Jethro Tull to care, probably assume that they broke up when Anderson and Barre parted ways.

A re-engagement of Jethro Tull will confuse customers as to who is in the band. If IA is going to do this, it should be called "Jethro Tull Not Featuring Martin Barre."

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    If IA is going to do this, it should be called "Jethro Tull Not Featuring Martin Barre."
    I think most people don't really give a shit, or have never heard the name Martin Barre before. Tull was Tull before MB, and is after MB. Its no slight to Martin - I love the guy and his playing - but the most important things here that's gonna sell the tickets are the names "Jethro Tull" and "The Best of Jethro Tull".

La historia del rock progresivo va de la mano de JETHRO TULL. La banda británica permanece incombustible gracias al incansable espíritu del carismático Ian Anderson.

“Benefit”, “Aqualung” y “Thick As A Brick” les llevaron al éxito internacional a pesar de su aparentemente poco comercial propuesta. Tras más de 40 años Tull sigue enriqueciendo su legado, deleitando audiencias de fans veteranos y noveles por igual con su música inspirada en el Rock, Folk, Jazz y música Clásica.

Una vez más Be Prog! My Friend hace gala de su ecléctica propuesta, contando en esta ocasión con la leyenda viva que es JETHRO TULL en su cuarta edición. Un cartel de ensueño único y exclusivo que sólo Be Prog! puede ofrecer, ¿te lo vas a perder?

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I think most people don't really give a shit, or have never heard the name Martin Barre before. Tull was Tull before MB, and is after MB. Its no slight to Martin - I love the guy and his playing - but the most important things here that's gonna sell the tickets are the names "Jethro Tull" and "The Best of Jethro Tull".
    ...and it turns out not to be true.

It's still just Ian Anderson - playing "The Best of Jethro Tull." Good to see that he still knows his place.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    This calls for a major reassessment.
    LOL. At least we got one good joke out of this!

The show booked near me in August is being promoted as JETHRO TULL (in capital letters) by Ian Anderson (in small print). The show is sold out already

La historia del rock progresivo va de la mano de JETHRO TULL. La banda británica permanece incombustible gracias al incansable espíritu del carismático Ian Anderson.

“Benefit”, “Aqualung” y “Thick As A Brick” les llevaron al éxito internacional a pesar de su aparentemente poco comercial propuesta. Tras más de 40 años Tull sigue enriqueciendo su legado, deleitando audiencias de fans veteranos y noveles por igual con su música inspirada en el Rock, Folk, Jazz y música Clásica.

Una vez más Be Prog! My Friend hace gala de su ecléctica propuesta, contando en esta ocasión con la leyenda viva que es JETHRO TULL en su cuarta edición. Un cartel de ensueño único y exclusivo que sólo Be Prog! puede ofrecer, ¿te lo vas a perder?

*Prog Rock history walks hand by hand with JETHRO TULL. The British band remains incombustible thanks to relentless spirit of charismatic Ian Anderson.
    “Benefit”, “Aqualung” and “Thick As A Brick” meant band’s success grew internationally despite of their apparently uncommercial music. *After more than 40 years Tull continues delighting audiences and enriching his legacy with its rich variety and depth of expression wherever fans, young and old, want to hear Rock, Folk, Jazz and Classical-inspired music.
    Again Be Prog! My Friend boasts an eclectic proposal, thwith the living legend that is JETHRO TULL in its fourth edition. A unique and exclusive dream line-up that only Be Prog! can offer, will see you?*

Great line-up. Marillion better step up their game; headlining with Animals As Leaders AND Caligula's Horse going on before them.

The following is copied & pasted from...doesn't really matter...pretty recently too-

"Jethro Tull doesn't even try to sing most of his songs anymore. I saw him a couple years ago and he had a young singer do that for him."

Yep, the most important things here that's gonna sell the tickets are the names "Jethro Tull" and "The Best of Jethro Tull".
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    If IA is going to do this, it should be called: "Jethro Tull Not Featuring Martin Barre, Barriemore Barlow, John Evan, John "Brittledick" Glascock, Dee Palmer (formerly David Palmer), Dave Pegg, Peter-John Vettese . . . nor, for that matter, Glenn Cornick, Clive Bunker or Mick Abrahams. No Phil Collins either. Or Eddie Jobson, sorry. Yours, Ian Anderson"
    Fixed it for you.
    "Dem Glücklichen legt auch der Hahn ein Ei."

Quote Originally Posted by at least 100 dead View Post
    Fixed it for you.

no Peg, no Barre- no Tull!

Fixed it for you.
    Gerald Bostock shafted again...

What a Passion Play.

I have nothing of substance to add to the argument, so I'm going to misquote my betters
    Fixed it for you.

Does Ian own the Jethro Tull band name outright?

Oh, undoubtedly.
    If IA is going to do this, it should be called: "Jethro Tull Not Featuring Martin Barre, Barriemore Barlow, John Evan, John "Brittledick" Glascock, Dee Palmer (formerly David Palmer), Dave Pegg, Peter-John Vettese . . . nor, for that matter, Glenn Cornick, Clive Bunker or Mick Abrahams. No Phil Collins either. Or Eddie Jobson, sorry. Yours, Ian Anderson"
    Now, Jethro Tull touring without Ian Anderson would be unthinkable.

Though possibly interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Oh, undoubtedly.Now, Jethro Tull touring without Ian Anderson would be unthinkable.

Paul McCartney touring without Paul McCartney would be interesting, too.

Fixed it for you.
    And you left out Tony Iommi.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Oh, undoubtedly.Now, Jethro Tull touring without Ian Anderson would be unthinkable.

Or King Crimson without Robert Fripp.

Look's like the concert promoter is trying to draw as big a crowd as possible. I'd flip the name on old Ian if it would give me a full house.
    To be or not to be? That is the point. - Harry Nilsson.

Does Ian need $$$? Or is he just addicted to performing for as long as he possibly can? I'm not criticizing his choices but it can't be easy as his age to continue hitting the road.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart