Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: My Ambient Guitar Gently Sleeps

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmanzi View Post
    Dunno if anyone is still scrolling around this thread, but here this was fun. The last thing I posted was multiple tracks recorded and shot over a couple of nights, this one was powered up the pedal board, played for three minutes, and powered down again.

The Zoia is an insanely powerful device.

WOWSERS!

First, I really liked the performance. Second, a quick check of the Zoia website makes m mouth hang open.

My goodness, I need to look seriously at this magic box!

Thanks!

It is a magic box, and I waited way too long to get it.

Holy crap the new CBA pedal.

The new Chase Bliss pedal, Habit, is basically a delay - but has a 3 minute buffer that is always recording. A knob called spread will mix audio from the buffer into your delays as a secondary (double tap) delay, and the scan knob just throws bits and pieces of sound from the buffer out there randomly.

So I had the idea of feeding the buffer dialog from an iPad and seeing what would happen. That aside, this is a pretty lovely soundscape that I'm very happy with.

Last night's sounds.

I've been quietly live streaming while working out a small mobile ambient rig that'll I'll be using outside this weekend. If Twitching is something you do, please do follow me as once I get thru this gig I hope to put my work area back into order with an eye towards streaming more often.

https://www.twitch.tv/casuallyabandoned

Here's some snippets of the mobile rig from the last few days:

I've been quietly live streaming while working out a small mobile ambient rig that'll I'll be using outside this weekend. If Twitching is something you do, please do follow me as once I get thru this gig I hope to put my work area back into order with an eye towards streaming more often.

https://www.twitch.tv/casuallyabandoned

Here's some snippets of the mobile rig from the last few days:

Sorry! It took me a week to get to these. I liked both but really liked the second one! Just the perfect amount of movement and stillness. Lovely timbres.

You have a real talent for this, James

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    Sorry! It took me a week to get to these. I liked both but really liked the second one! Just the perfect amount of movement and stillness. Lovely timbres.

You have a real talent for this, James
    Thanks, for listening, for your time, and for your comments.

This was a great experiment, the past few weeks playing on a minimal board, preparing to use that board on a beach.

I've got a lot of footage from the beach to sort thru, but I'm even happier with a practice run from Twitch a few nights before that resulted in something lovely. Working on that video now, hoping to have them both online in the next week.

You've done a wonderful job of downsizing your rig, yet still sounding full.
    I agree with Gizmotron, the 2nd one is my favorite, and also you DO have a real talent for this.

Have fun with your live streams.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    You've done a wonderful job of downsizing your rig, yet still sounding full.
    I agree with Gizmotron, the 2nd one is my favorite, and also you DO have a real talent for this.

Have fun with your live streams.
    Thanks, Richard!

This live stream a few days ago was kind of a revelation. This is basically what I've been hoping to be able to do for a loooong time. Nice to see these sounds from my head finally realized.

Last edited by jamesmanzi; 08-07-2022 at 12:37 PM.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    It's really nice. Reminds me of Frippertronics.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    It's really nice. Reminds me of Frippertronics.
    Thanks for that. Fripp is a huge influence of course.

Some live ambiance on the beach.

This was an improvised stream working the kinks out of a small mobile board (to use at the beach, in the video above) that sounded so nice I cleaned it up and released it as an album.

https://casuallyabandoned.bandcamp.com/album/5274

I really like this one James.
    I don't have enough attention span for long pieces, this one fits perfect in to my mind.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Thanks, Richard!

Some live ambiance on the beach.

I like this, James! What a cool idea.
    The ambient sounds are kinda nice…and the beach video elements are lovely. Best of all is the improv itself. You have a talent for this!!!

Well done!!

Well done!!
    Gizmo! Thank you so much. I'm sorry I haven't checked around here in ages and missed these kind words when you left them. Much appreciated!

Gizmo! Thank you so much. I'm sorry I haven't checked around here in ages and missed these kind words when you left them. Much appreciated!
    My friend, you have a very refined sense of what works in this realm. What have you done lately? Anything new?

My friend, you have a very refined sense of what works in this realm. What have you done lately? Anything new?
    Funny you should ask. Just posted this today. This is pulled from a longer Twitch ambient live stream, which is what I'm directing most of my energy towards these days. I'm a bit unfocused right now, and going live and just improvising for an hour is the easiest way for me to be creative these days.

Funny you should ask. Just posted this today. This is pulled from a longer Twitch ambient live stream, which is what I'm directing most of my energy towards these days. I'm a bit unfocused right now, and going live and just improvising for an hour is the easiest way for me to be creative these days.

Very enjoyable. Sort of the perfect ambient…just enough “Ooh I think I recognize that sort of sound,” and an equal amount of “cool, this is not like anything else I have heard.”

How is that for a different sort of review?!
    Last edited by Gizmotron; 10-30-2022 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Correcting my goofy keyboard’s inability to produce “R’s” and “E’s”

Thanks!

Can I use "Ooh I think I recognize that sort of sound..." in my marketing? Maybe a sticker on my next album cover?

Thanks!

Can I use "Ooh I think I recognize that sort of sound..." in my marketing? Maybe a sticker on my next album cover?
    You have my official permission!

But I think there really is something there. It is actually quite difficult to find that perfect place between completely innovative and comfortably familiar in one’s artistic endeavors.