Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: My Ambient Guitar Gently Sleeps

This was fun. Aside from being a quiet, serene soundscape, I had seagull sounds playing underneath, and it occurred to me near the end (3:30ish) to grab and loop some squawking and it just sounds like a cry from beyond.

Filling up the empty space in my Twitch stream with old home movies from the Prelinger Archive.

A short clip from a long stream. Really happy with how this came out.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmanzi View Post
    This was fun. Aside from being a quiet, serene soundscape, I had seagull sounds playing underneath, and it occurred to me near the end (3:30ish) to grab and loop some squawking and it just sounds like a cry from beyond.

Another excellent combo of music and video. They fit perfectly. I love the seagull theme; the squawks were lovely. (The original ARP 2600 came with some patches on sheets (showing all the settings and patch cords); one of them was a most-excellent seagull sound that was vividly real.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    Another excellent combo of music and video. They fit perfectly. I love the seagull theme; the squawks were lovely. (The original ARP 2600 came with some patches on sheets (showing all the settings and patch cords); one of them was a most-excellent seagull sound that was vividly real.)
    Thanks. That was one of the first times I streamed with the overhead camera, and I needed to fill the rest of the space with something, and had that footage from the beach kicking around. It did the trick in a pinch.

This was such a lovely stream last Friday night, I decided to post a pretty long chunk of it on YouTube:

And I liked it so much I cleaned it up and posted an 'album length" version of it to bandcamp:
    https://casuallyabandoned.bandcamp.c...m/illumination