Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: My Ambient Guitar Gently Sleeps

Steve, you have the sound here that I've been trying to figure out for years. I need to know exactly how you did this so I can copy you shamelessly and make millions of dollars and be famous worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmanzi View Post
    Steve, you have the sound here that I've been trying to figure out for years. I need to know exactly how you did this so I can copy you shamelessly and make millions of dollars and be famous worldwide.

It is the obvious answer so I am probably wrong but my hunch is that it is mostly the EHX Synth 9 giving that synth choir-ness.
    Last edited by Gizmotron; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:43 PM.

I fear that if I procured a Synth9 and plugged and played, it would sound like Kraftwerk.

Haha! My mistake, I should have listed the Mel9 in my YouTube description too as well as the Synth9 and Mooer O.M. - and some EHX Canyon Delay also. Good luck with the millions of dollars, if I could get a few more views I'd be happy

I should also give credit to the Valhalla Space Modulator plugin, this can give some amazing choir like sounds - you can get this free when you purchase another of their products which I did when I got the Shimmer - I actually prefer the Space Mod! I've given up with Reverb pedals now and just use these.

I've also just been having fun with the Valhalla Delay plugin, I used the Frippertronics settings as shown by Bill/Chords Of Orion and the hours fly by!
    Last edited by Steve983; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:54 AM.

A little more Mood noodling. Moodling.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    Haha! My mistake, I should have listed the Mel9 in my YouTube description too as well as the Synth9 and Mooer O.M. - and some EHX Canyon Delay also. Good luck with the millions of dollars, if I could get a few more views I'd be happy

I should also give credit to the Valhalla Space Modulator plugin, this can give some amazing choir like sounds - you can get this free when you purchase another of their products which I did when I got the Shimmer - I actually prefer the Space Mod! I've given up with Reverb pedals now and just use these.

I've also just been having fun with the Valhalla Delay plugin, I used the Frippertronics settings as shown by Bill/Chords Of Orion and the hours fly by!
    Wonderful piece of work, thanks for sharing. I gave you a like and view to boost those nasty YT analytics..lol

A little more Mood noodling. Moodling.

excellent James!
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxU..._as=subscriber

^^ Thanks Top Cat!

Some may be interested to know that Antoine Michard's /Monochrome Seasons new album is now up at Bandamp

https://monochromeseasons.bandcamp.com/