Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: My Ambient Guitar Gently Sleeps

^^ Thanks James, I've recorded lots of stuff over the last few months and finally decided to upload what I thought was the best - or least bad

I saw your Instagram post - how did you get on gigging at the restaurant?

Went well. Small dinnertime crowd, maybe a dozen people in the place - more than half weren't brought there by me! Good response, nice compliments from strangers.

Musically I didn't prepare anything at all, and it was a good learning experience for what can just be winged and how much needs to be prepared. Will probably do it again in a few months, and will have a much better plan. Reconfiguring my pedalboard this weekend; for a while at least, I want to work with El Capistan as my main looper, at least until I get really comfortable with it. Have you been following the Knobs/Chase Bliss development of the Blooper? That looks like it may be the greatest ambient pedal ever made, once it's made.

And I have an Earthquaker Space Spiral arriving on Monday. Had some Amazon credit and it was the most inexpensive thing on my list of things, so I treated myself yesterday.

^^ Thanks for the update. I still don't have any EQD pedals but the Space Spiral has been the main one of interest to me so will be interested to hear what you make of it, will check out the Blooper too.

Congratulations James on performing your live gig. What a great experience, and just think, complete strangers now have your music forever burned into their memory, and hopefully continues to bring them pleasure.
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxU..._as=subscriber

I just found this thread. I'm really enjoying the music you guys are making. I also have an ambient setup, though I've stretched out since I've been taking jazz lessons for a few years now.

And speaking of Chase Bliss, I have the Condor, Brothers, Gravitas and Warped Vinyl Hifi. I use the first two all the time. They are a core part of my tone. The gravitas less so and am a bit disappointed with the Warped Vinyl. Perhaps I just haven't explored all the myriad options sufficiently. As far as chorus pedals, I think I like the Swindler Effects Gulf better.

Bobbus

Quote Originally Posted by inhortte View Post
    I just found this thread. I'm really enjoying the music you guys are making. I also have an ambient setup, though I've stretched out since I've been taking jazz lessons for a few years now.

And speaking of Chase Bliss, I have the Condor, Brothers, Gravitas and Warped Vinyl Hifi. I use the first two all the time. They are a core part of my tone. The gravitas less so and am a bit disappointed with the Warped Vinyl. Perhaps I just haven't explored all the myriad options sufficiently. As far as chorus pedals, I think I like the Swindler Effects Gulf better.

Bobbus
    Feel free to add your music to the mix here! Thanks!

Just throwing this out there. My most ambitious video so far. Was meant to be a camera test - I pulled an old miniDV camera out of storage - but the music took over and I decided to edit and post it.

^^^ Just listened to all of that, really good!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmanzi View Post
    Just throwing this out there. My most ambitious video so far. Was meant to be a camera test - I pulled an old miniDV camera out of storage - but the music took over and I decided to edit and post it.
    Nice one!
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Beautiful!
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxU..._as=subscriber

There Are Rabbits is great. I love the lower end you are creating.

I do improvs of varying quality from time to time that I post on PeerTube. Here's the latest.

https://exode.me/videos/watch/310ac1...2-06ead40054db

Bob

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Yes indeed! This is lovely, James. I very much like the piece as well as the opportunity to see you make the magic via the various pedals.

I love knobs and sliders!

Sorry I've been away from this thread for a few days. Thanks to everyone for your eyes, ears, and kind words!

The more the Blooper evolves, the more time I realize I'm gonna need to take off work to spend getting to understand it when it's finally in my hands.

Here's a before bedtime improvisation - https://exode.me/videos/watch/c5d2ea...4-37cec2af7ac7

I have the Strymon El Capistan and the EHX 22500 looper in parallel.

Bobbus

So, while very publicly developing the Blooper, Chase Bliss, in collaboration with Old Blood Noise and a Belgian pedal company called Drolo, secretly created the Mood, and dropped it yesterday. It's magnificent. I have one on its way, should arrive on Monday.

It's basically a granular delay on one side, and a time stretch looper on the other, and the two sides can talk to each other.

I watched this this morning. At first I thought they had led us on with the Blooper just to hand us the Mood instead. I'm not sure.

The pedal seems to do much of what my Count to 5 does, and possibly more. I'm tempted.

Bobbus

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

So, while very publicly developing the Blooper, Chase Bliss, in collaboration with Old Blood Noise and a Belgian pedal company called Drolo, secretly created the Mood, and dropped it yesterday. It's magnificent. I have one on its way, should arrive on Monday.

It's basically a granular delay on one side, and a time stretch looper on the other, and the two sides can talk to each other.

Wow! Even for Chase Bliss, this is a complicated pedal. The first vid makes me almost want to mess with one. The other two vids make me want to disavow any knowledge of the darn thing!
    (It is fascinating how much of a difference there can be in different pedal review videos.)

It has arrived. I'll let you all know when I makes some sounds with it.

It has arrived. I'll let you all know when I makes some sounds with it.
    Cool!

I know you haven't had a chance yet to work with it but what do you think is (or will be) your most complex pedal? This? Something else (by Chase Bliss maybe)?
    (I loved what the one reviewer (in the two-person review) said about the microswitches on The Mood...we cannot print it here but it was hilarious).