Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: My Ambient Guitar Gently Sleeps

This was fun. Aside from being a quiet, serene soundscape, I had seagull sounds playing underneath, and it occurred to me near the end (3:30ish) to grab and loop some squawking and it just sounds like a cry from beyond.

Filling up the empty space in my Twitch stream with old home movies from the Prelinger Archive.

A short clip from a long stream. Really happy with how this came out.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmanzi View Post
    This was fun. Aside from being a quiet, serene soundscape, I had seagull sounds playing underneath, and it occurred to me near the end (3:30ish) to grab and loop some squawking and it just sounds like a cry from beyond.

Another excellent combo of music and video. They fit perfectly. I love the seagull theme; the squawks were lovely. (The original ARP 2600 came with some patches on sheets (showing all the settings and patch cords); one of them was a most-excellent seagull sound that was vividly real.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    Another excellent combo of music and video. They fit perfectly. I love the seagull theme; the squawks were lovely. (The original ARP 2600 came with some patches on sheets (showing all the settings and patch cords); one of them was a most-excellent seagull sound that was vividly real.)
    Thanks. That was one of the first times I streamed with the overhead camera, and I needed to fill the rest of the space with something, and had that footage from the beach kicking around. It did the trick in a pinch.

This was such a lovely stream last Friday night, I decided to post a pretty long chunk of it on YouTube:

And I liked it so much I cleaned it up and posted an 'album length" version of it to bandcamp:
    https://casuallyabandoned.bandcamp.c...m/illumination

Hey. It's been a while.

Started playing a Touch Guitar U8 - the Markus Reuter invention - back in January. I'm not in any way a nimble tapper, but as an expanded range guitar, it's just magnificent for ambient soundscaping. I've been using it exclusively for my livestreams, and this album collects some of my favorite moments from the last few months:

https://casuallyabandoned.bandcamp.com/album/fragmented

Just some big dense droning.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmanzi View Post
    Just some big dense droning.
    ...every enjoyable as always!
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Quote Originally Posted by hFx View Post
    ...every enjoyable as always!
    Thanks, as always!

Hope it's ok to post this from the Ambient Exploration channel, I thought it was very good:

Just some growling.