Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Love Beach expanded and remastered

Love Beach expanded and remastered

I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon's editorial review
    Includes fans' / live favourites 'The Gambler' and the rockin' 'Canario' (based on Rodrigo's 'Fantasia Para Un Gentilhombre').
    Yes, what ELP concert would be complete without those live favorites from an album that was never played live?
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Son of a Beach!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Remastered by Bryant Gumbel, new liner notes by Giovanni Ribisi

Reminds me of the old Woody Allen joke about the two old ladies in the restaurant.

Lady #1: The songs on that Love Beach record are all so bad.

Lady #2: Yes but this CD has two versions of each song...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    It's also remixed so it will sound more relevant to today's kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Yes, what ELP concert would be complete without those live favorites from an album that was never played live?
    Got to love PR! I don't know that ELP ever played a single song from this album in any of their live shows. Its sales were truly dismal for a band as big as they were- remember that the 1977 double Works Volume 1 sold well, only the year before.

The Enemy God
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Got to love PR! I don't know that ELP ever played a single song from this album in any of their live shows. Its sales were truly dismal for a band as big as they were- remember that the 1977 double Works Volume 1 sold well, only the year before.
    Only the CP Band played Canario for a time , worked well with the guitar trio. I really wished they'd toured and slotted some of the album into the set list, especially Memoirs suite. Although this album takes a lot of stick , I ve always really liked CPs drumming and drum sound on this album (Gretsch wood kit) . It's a more groove orientated approach but includes some really nice fills and busyness which he seemed to lose later on when playing much more simplistically on later Asia albums.

Just a total embarrassment of an album. Remastered? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by gallen1964 View Post
    Only the CP Band played Canario for a time.
    I saw him do that back in 2006 or whenever it was. Carl's introducing the piece saying, "And then there are albums you're less proud of...I think you know the one I mean, the one where we're like this on the cover (places hands on hips, akimbo style)". Love Beach just happened to be one of the records I brought to the show for the meet and greet afterwards, so I hold it up. Without missing a beat, Carl looks in my direction, points and says "I'm sorry there are no refunds!"

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Love Beach just happened to be one of the records I brought to the show for the meet and greet afterwards, so I hold it up. Without missing a beat, Carl looks in my direction, points and says "I'm sorry there are no refunds!"
    That's hysterical! That signed album is probably worth more than any other Love Beach album. Did he sign it the same way by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    That's hysterical! That signed album is probably worth more than any other Love Beach album. Did he sign it the same way by chance?
    I think he just wrote his name, no message or anything. Carl put on a great show, not just because of his band, but also he's almost as much fun as Wakeman. At one point, he talks about he moved to LA during the mid 70's, then says "I don't recommend it". He then explains how one day he came out of his bedroom, ready to go out on the town or whatever, and his girlfriend says, "Have you looked in a mirror", so he looks in the mirror realizes he's dressed like a pimp. Soon afterwards, he moved back to England.

I remember back in 1983, when they did the Asia In Asia concert, MTV did this TV special called The Road To Asia, which chronicled each band member's career leading up to Asia, and had them enjoying life at home, etc. Carl, at least at the time, was living in Tenerife. His car horn stops working, and he says "OH, no! This is fatal! This means I can't cause a commotion in the street!".

Quote Originally Posted by Polmico
    Love Beach expanded and remastered
    Trousers even tighter, to show off the expanded package.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Trousers even tighter, to show off the expanded package.
    There used to be an animated gif going around in which the, er, package could be seen expanding, as it were...

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

Carl put on a great show, not just because of his band, but also he's almost as much fun as Wakeman.
    Carl is gentlemen

The comparison is an insult, Carl would never embarrass himself, or his bands legacy the way Wakeman did at the hall of fame recently

I was embarrassed for fans of the genre

That animated album cover has made my day - funnier than the album!
    Are there any other animated album covers out there? - maybe start a new thread if there's others to share.

Without missing a beat, Carl looks in my direction, points and says "I'm sorry there are no refunds!"
    I think he just wrote his name, no message or anything. Carl put on a great show, not just because of his band, but also he's almost as much fun as Wakeman.
    He has fun performing these days with this band and it's obvious he is having fun performing. Which is really what everyone hopes for and is a lovely thing.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Chichen Itza View Post
    Carl is gentlemen

The comparison is an insult, Carl would never embarrass himself, or his bands legacy the way Wakeman did at the hall of fame recently
    Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. Both men know how to make an audience laugh. And while Wakeman's line about his prostate or whatever it was kinda pushed the envelope in terms of "inappropriate", he's actually a very witty man who tells great stories, even if some of them he's bending the truth a little bit (eg his story about getting arrested for DUI back in the early 80's).

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    He has fun performing these days with this band and it's obvious he is having fun performing. Which is really what everyone hopes for and is a lovely thing.
    Exactly! It's nice to see a musician who isn't continuing to perform or tour or whatever, just for the paycheck.

Exactly! It's nice to see a musician who isn't continuing to perform or tour or whatever, just for the paycheck.
    I agree, but I'm also glad to see some musicians still able to make a paycheck from their craft, no matter what their attitude is. One would hope that most of those receiving a paycheck would recognize what a rare opportunity that is.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    I have a mint vinyl copy of LOVE BEACH, only played once!!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    I have a mint vinyl copy of LOVE BEACH, only played once!!
    that isn't an uncommon phenomena....
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

It was all Phil's fault in the first place.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    LOL, that's the one.