Thread: Syd Arthur - Free Live EP

Syd Arthur - Free Live EP

Syd Arthur have released a live 6-track EP from a recent show in Brighton, and they're making it available as a free download. Here's a link.

Click the "Buy Digital Album" link and then name your price (0). Give them your email address and they'll send you an email with a download link (you'll be added to their email list but you can unsubscribe at any time.)
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Cool. Thanks for the heads up!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

got it, love these guys! Thanks for the heads up!

tankya!

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    tankya!
    x2!

I hate those "name your price" Bandcamp downloads, whatever I put in still makes feel like a cheapskate.

Been a while since we've heard anything from Syd Arthur. This was recorded a while back (2012), but at least the band is still putting out music. Maybe a new album soon?
    https://sydarthur.bandcamp.com/album...ult-but-my-own
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Been a while since we've heard anything from Syd Arthur. This was recorded a while back (2012), but at least the band is still putting out music. Maybe a new album soon?
    https://sydarthur.bandcamp.com/album...ult-but-my-own
    They've been very quiet for the past year or two. I know bassist Joel Magill has been involved with some sort of side business that organizes and promotes tours, but there's been diddly-squat in terms of new music.

But the new year sees signs of life, at least in an archival sense. This came over their FB feed recently:

Back in 2012 when we were working on our debut LP 'On An On,' we could also be found experimenting with long form improvisational pieces and performances in the Canterbury area. One such evening we were invited to join forces with local jazz ensemble Jack Hues & The Quartet to perform an evening of music at the legendary Orange Street Music Club. We played Hugh Hopper's “Facelift” and a medley of Soft Machine pieces before the evening culminated in a performance of “Nobody’s Fault But My Own” by Beck with both bands on stage – 2 drummers, 2 bass players, violin, guitars, keyboards – an awe inspiring noise!

That summer we gathered together in a barn just outside Canterbury and recorded the piece, joined by Chris Hughes on percussion, Paul Booth on tenor saxophone & Led Bib's stella rhythm section of Mark Holub & Liran Donin. The 'eagle-eared' amongst you may have heard Nick Luscombe debut the piece last week on BBC Radio 3's Late Junction...

This is the first in a series of archival releases we hope to put out this year via our newly re-launched label - Dawn Chorus Recording Company. It's been a pleasure delving back into the archives and re-discovering this work. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did performing it...

Pre-Order Limited Vinyl: https://jackhuesthequartetftsydarthur.bandcamp.com/
    A relaunched label. They still show up on Harvest's artists page, so I'll be interested to learn more about that. I have a feeling we'll be hearing more from these guys in 2019. At least more than we heard in 2018!
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    I have a feeling we'll be hearing more from these guys in 2019. At least more than we heard in 2018!
    Man, I truly hope so. 'On and On' and 'Sound Mirror' are big time favs for me. 'Apricity' didn't quite scratch my itch, maybe it is more EDM than organic acoustic-ish prog? I don't know. I don't care. I am looking forward to purchasing any new music from this group!
    "Why is it when these great Prog guys get together, they always want to make a Journey album?"
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    Man, I truly hope so. 'On and On' and 'Sound Mirror' are big time favs for me. 'Apricity' didn't quite scratch my itch, maybe it is more EDM than organic acoustic-ish prog? I don't know. I don't care. I am looking forward to purchasing any new music from this group!
    I interviewed them several years ago and there was a tangible desire to modernize their sound. I wonder, though, if they might now consider that... not necessarily a mistake, but a move in the wrong direction.