Thread: Tusmørke - "Hinsides" (2017) - new album

Tusmørke - "Hinsides" (2017) - new album

Psyched by these guys:

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    This isn't available yet, is it? Is anyone on PE involved with this band? The name is familiar. I listened to a few tracks. IMO. the vocals are a bit of a problem, and the only soloing I've heard is on flute, which seems a bit lacking to me. But I'll check the new album out when it's online somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    This isn't available yet, is it? Is anyone on PE involved with this band? The name is familiar.
    Tusmørke are veterans and existed for one and a half decade before suddenly breaking into the open through assistance from (a.o.) Jacob of White Willow, who released their first full-length album on Termo Records and then saw them fly off. They are a MAJOR cult-band in Norway these days, with substantial press coverage, excellent sales figures, significant festival appearances and a good amount of gigging before packed audiences. Martin (drums) and Lars (keys) of Wobbler both appear with them as fulltime members. They are currently a perfect example of a full-on "proggy-prog" band whose main following only relate to the term on most superficial levels.

They're a success.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    This isn't available yet, is it?

It is available from Svart records. Street day had been May the 12th.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post

They're a success.
    That's it then, I don't like them anymore!

No, seriously, a fantastic band and their latest pushes the envelope a bit further than the previous ones. Lars is no longer a regular member but the very talented Håkon Oftung of Jordsjø (another great Nor-prog band) has replaced him. A wildly entertaining live band, and it's only a shame English audiences can't enjoy the warmth and humour of their lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Holm-Lupo View Post
    I don't like them anymore!
    They have sacrificed their soul to market silence and sold sources!

Corporate conspiracy waving its crooked hand of gaunt treason to the Prog! Ach, it just never STOPS, this...

As for those British audiences not getting to comprehend the words, I always thought Tusmørke were better at their own tongue; I mean, quite obviously when thinking of their academic backgrounds etc. On the other hand, I doubt if each and every Norse listener will quite grasp the true depths and levels of their various references either. But when or if you do, they are sometimes outright hilarious.

Great band and great fun, and their following is utterly deserved.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM