Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colouratura (featuring members of The Muffins, Jack o' the Clock, Mercury Tree)

Thanks for the reminder, Ian! I just kicked in a few dollars for this.

Looking forward to hearing the finished product when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Thanks for the reminder, Ian! I just kicked in a few dollars for this.

Looking forward to hearing the finished product when it comes out.
    Hey! Thank you. Just in time to make the liner notes.

FUNDED.

With this, we have officially begun the CD production of our new album. Artwork and mastering complete and sending off to be pressed today. We did it, and we did it with your help and the help of our supporting cast.

Oh, by the way. This is merely the tip of the iceberg.

On the strength of “Unfamiliar Skies”, Colouratura have been signed to Nick Katona’s Melodic Revolution Records!

Attachment 11464

Attachment 11462

New album is settling in nicely.

Everything is working really well on it for me.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    New album is settling in nicely.

Everything is working really well on it for me.
    Great news!

Hi everyone ! I thought I'd share this post I made from the Colouratura FB page ...

COLOURATURA HAS RISEN FROM THE ASHES

"Our new album is called BLACK STEEPLE CHURCH.

It is the album and concept that we originally intended to make in 2018 (before life got in the way … )

While Nate and I were on hiatus, we still remained friends and slowly began working on music and concepts together. Some of the music on this album dates back to sessions we did with Derek shortly after the release of UNFAMILIAR SKIES, and those 2018 recordings have been combined with overdubs in 2020 and 2021, along with new songs that have been written and developed over the passed two years.

Shortly after UNFAMILIAR SKIES, Derek Pavlic became a full time member of Colouratura. The main difference between this record and our last two is that he and I have emerged as full-fledged writers, arrangers and composers. Derek and I have met every Sunday since the beginning of summer to work on new music, and this has involved a lot of session work, and recording improvisations that were edited down and elaborated in post. Most of Nate’s parts were done at his home and shared via Google drive, however we DID meet for one session that produced two songs a few weeks back. (More on this soon)

So, on this album, the compositions are by COLOURATURA, as a collective. And I think it is our strongest ‘group’ effort to date.
    So where are we ??

I’d say the album is around 75% complete. All the songs are in place, as are most of the vocals. A few of them are mixed completely and ready to share, while one or two still need to be overdubbed and completed for public consumption (!!)

We are thinking of releasing a tiny EP in about a month, consisting of three songs. Two from the album, and one older song that’s been revamped and revitalized with new rhythm and lead guitar parts.

Keep watching this space for further news. We hope to have the album complete (and self released) early next year.
    In the meantime, I hope you appreciate this sneak peak at the (mostly) completed jacket artwork. The shot of the church was done in 2018 (taken by me on me Canon eos5 Rebel), and later elaborated by our trusted graphic design wizard, Eric Kearns.

Thank you for your continued support and interest in Colouratura and we can’t wait to share our hard work with you soon."

colouratura black steeple church cover.jpg

Trailer out now for the new CD, which will be available for preorder this Friday, Oct 1.

Just a heads up, our third album BLACK STEEPLE CHURCH arrived on CD yesterday and I shipped out the first batch of preorders (over a month before the official 'release'). If you have not yet preordered, you still can here - I will get your order out as soon as I can. In fact, I will be going back to the post office tomorrow!

If you'd like hear some of this album before ordering, there is a new EP comprised of the three Bandcamp prerelease tracks (two album tracks, one exclusive) on all streaming platforms called THE BLACKHEART EP. Check it out !

That's all from me.

https://colouratura.bandcamp.com/alb...steeple-church

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Listened yesterday, good stuff, sounds like a step up from the last one, me likey.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Thanks Ian !!

These are starting to land. Any one heard it yet ?