Thread: Steven Wilson 2018 Tour

Steven Wilson 2018 Tour

2018 TOUR European Tour Dates

Wed 31st JanuaryLisbon, Sala Tejo @ MEO Arena Thu 1st FebruaryMadrid, Wiznik Centre Sat 3rd February Barcelona, L'Auditori Sun 4th FebruaryMarseille, Silo Tue 6th FebruaryLyon, Le Transbordeur Wed 7th FebruaryZurich, Halle 622 Fri 9th FebruaryMilan, Teatro Degli Arcimboldi Sat 10th February Rome, Atlantico Mon 12th February Frankfurt, Alte Oper Tue 13th February Ravensburg, Oberachwaben Hale Wed 14th February Vienna, Gasometer Thu 15th February Berlin, Admiralpalast Sat 17th February Zabrze, House of Music and Dance Sun 18th February Poznan, Earth Hall Tue 20th February Hamburg, Mehr Theatre Sat 24th February Helsinki, The Circus Mon 26th February Stockholm, Cirkus Tue 27th February Oslo, Oslo Concert House Wed 28th FebruaryBergen, USF Verftet Thu 1st March Stavanger, Konserthuset - Zetlitz Sat 3rd March Copenhagen, Vega Main Hall Mon 5th March Essen, Colosseum Wed 7th March Amsterdam, Heineken Music Hall Fri 9th March Brussels, AB Sat 10th March Luxembourg, Rockhal Club Mon 12th March Paris, The Olympia Tue 13th March Lille, Theatre Sebastopol

UK Tour Dates

Sat 17th March Belfast Mandela Hall Mon 19th March Dublin Olympia Theatre Wed 21st March Cardiff St David's Hall Thu 22nd March Birmingham Symphony Hall Sat 24th March Glasgow Clyde Auditorium Sun 25th March Gateshead Sage 1 Tue 27th March London Royal Albert Hall Sat 31st March Manchester Bridgewater Hall

Tickets for the tour are on sale from 10am Friday 12th May (with a fan only pre-sale on Wednesday 10th May).

North and South American dates to be announced soon.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

The guy sure gets around. Does he ever sleep?

A sleeping musician gathers less money.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Excellent news. New album should be out shortly too.

Steven Wilson will release To The Bone, his fifth studio album, in August. It will be available across a number of formats including a five-disc deluxe hardcover book edition.

The album is Wilson’s first since 2015’s Hand.Cannot.Erase which was a both a critical and commercial success. One of the highlights of that album was the song Routine which featured the vocals of Israeli musician/actress Ninet Tayeb. On the new album she contributes once more, singing on two tracks, Pariah and Blank Tapes.

A press release tells us that “Lyrically, the album’s eleven tracks veer from the paranoid chaos of the post-truth era and the creeping self-loathing of the technology age to steely fly-on-the-wall observations of the everyday lives of religious fundamentalists with a welcome shot or two of wide-eyed escapism.”.

The 11-track album runs for around 60 minutes and a bonus CD within the box set includes a further 55 minutes of demos and unused songs. Unsurprisingly, there is a 5.1 surround mix of the album on the included blu-ray, alongside a hi-res stereo mix, an instrumental mix, two promo videos and ‘Ask Me Nicely – The Making of To The Bone’ – an 85 minute documentary shot by Lasse Hoile.

If you haven’t upgraded to blu-ray (why not!?) a DVD is also included which features the hi-res stereo mix, the 5.1 as DTS 24/96 and the two promo videos.

Finally, the deluxe book edition comes with a one-sided seven-inch single which featuers an instrumental track recorded during the album sessions. This is unique to the vinyl. The five-disc deluxe set is (for now) exclusive to Steven Wilson’s online store.

The 2LP edition of To The Bone will be half-speed mastered and pressed at 45RPM, so it should sound fantastic. The album will also be issued as a standalone blu-ray and of course a CD.

To The Bone will be released on 18 August 2017 by Wilson’s new label Caroline International.

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    A sleeping musician gathers less money.
    A musician that puts tickets on-sale 8+ months in advance can start spending it immediately.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    The guy sure gets around. Does he ever sleep?
    He's making hay while the sun shines.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    A musician that puts tickets on-sale 8+ months in advance can start spending it immediately.
    I would think that a good portion of that money will go into the production of the new live show.

Im curious who he grabbed for guitar, Killminster isn't on Waters new album, not sure if he's touring with him or not leaving him unavailable for Wilson. I personally hope he has someone else...that is all.

UK tickets went on sale via his website just under a couple of hours ago and are rapidly selling out.

I went for Glasgow tickets an hour in, and even as i was picking them, the choices were rapidly narrowing. Feel like I just snagged tickets by the skin of my teeth.

Royal Albert Hall sold out in 5 minutes!

So for anyone on the other side of the pond waiting for US dates - don't hang around once they go online.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Last edited by JKL2000; 05-10-2017 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    Im curious who he grabbed for guitar, Killminster isn't on Waters new album, not sure if he's touring with him or not leaving him unavailable for Wilson. I personally hope he has someone else...that is all.
    Am hoping for Guthrie Govan, however wouldn't have an issue with Kilminster, seen him a few times with Waters, Wetton amongst others!

I'm pretty sure that I saw Killminster playing guitar with Waters on the Colbert show the other night.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    I'm pretty sure that I saw Killminster playing guitar with Waters on the Colbert show the other night.
    You certainly did!

Waters' tour ends well before Wilson's begins.

Maybe we'll get an announcement of who will be in SW's band soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    Maybe we'll get an announcement of who will be in SW's band soon?
    I'm pretty sure it's the same band that toured Hand

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

And add Ninet

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

A couple more UK dates have just gone on sale:
    http://www.gigsandtours.com/tour/steven-wilson/

Steven Wilson - To The Bone UK Tour 2018 Trailer :

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I think it would be nice if they notified people of a 10:00 AM presale, oh, I don't know, maybe before 10:00 AM instead of at 11:00 AM, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I think it would be nice if they notified people of a 10:00 AM presale, oh, I don't know, maybe before 10:00 AM instead of at 11:00 AM, but that's just me.
    You're not wrong. I had no idea when the presale started. And now, all that is available is balcony seating. I'm not even sure if I should wait to the official ticket sale time of Friday, to see if there may be better seats on offer, or if this is it. It all seems overly complex, this time around.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    And now, all that is available is balcony seating. I'm not even sure if I should wait to the official ticket sale time of Friday, to see if there may be better seats on offer, or if this is it.
    I would call the venue box office and ask.

I was on the Steven Wilson HQ website today and I saw that there was a presale in progress for his added 3rd show at the Royal Albert Hall. I went crazy and I bought a seat which looks pretty good (6th row in the Arena F section). I've already got a ticket for his show at the 9:30 Club in Washington in April (which is a little closer to my home: 170 miles vs. 3700 miles to London). At least, it's more likely that I'll actually be able to sit at his RAH show! Now, I have to put together a trip to London. My wife should be thrilled to go along (maybe...).

Quote Originally Posted by jefftiger View Post
    I was on the Steven Wilson HQ website today and I saw that there was a presale in progress for his added 3rd show at the Royal Albert Hall. I went crazy and I bought a seat which looks pretty good (6th row in the Arena F section). I've already got a ticket for his show at the 9:30 Club in Washington in April (which is a little closer to my home: 170 miles vs. 3700 miles to London). At least, it's more likely that I'll actually be able to sit at his RAH show! Now, I have to put together a trip to London. My wife should be thrilled to go along (maybe...).
    Royal Albert hall is an awesome place. I saw Steven Wilson and David Gilmour (2x) in the same week in 2015. I sat on the floor a few rows back from your seat and in the lower bowl(stalls) where the chairs actually swivel both had great sight lines and sound. Try and book a tour of the hall late in the afternoon on the day of the show. We did it for our first Gilmour show and they had to cancel as the band members were performing a sound check at our tour time but since we also had tickets for the next day they gave us the option to come back and try again which we did and along with a very interesting tour we got an extra laser light show from the stage crew preparing for the show. Although it appears you already have a prime seat another great thing about that venue was they permit you to exchange tickets and upgrade to better seats. We did it for the Wilson show as many seats were released in the days and hours leading up to the show something that would never happen here in the USA. Its a great experience wish I was going back enjoy the show and your trip!

Thanks very much for the info about RAH! I had been there once before with my wife for a James Taylor concert a few years ago. But, I had no idea that they did afternoon tours and had ticket exchange privileges. I will definitely look into an afternoon tour. I agree that it's an amazing venue.