Thread: PE Logo Change

PE Logo Change

I noticed recently that the PE logo on my Firefox bookmarks toolbar has changed. What's up with that?

It's kind of annoying because I was so used to the Earth logo that now when I look for the bookmark for PE it's all messed up. It's kinda like looking for your car in the wrong aisle in the parking lot of the grocery store. lol
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I noticed recently that the PE logo on my Firefox bookmarks toolbar has changed. What's up with that?

It's kind of annoying because I was so used to the Earth logo that now when I look for the bookmark for PE it's all messed up. It's kinda like looking for your car in the wrong aisle in the parking lot of the grocery store. lol
    Nothing has changed.

I just ran Firefox on my PC and brought up PE ... it works normally for me.

Try flushing your cache.
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Try flushing your cache.
    NEVER! I would only flush my drugs... and only then if the po-po were breaking down my door.

Clearing the cache had no effect. I tried deleting the old bookmark and re-bookmarking to no effect.

I'm starting to get used to it.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I also tried creating a new bookmark from scratch, in which I typed in the name and location in Firefox's bookmarks page. It had the generic favicon but when I clicked on it, a new one appeared and it, too, is the wrong one. It looks like a big checkmark, btw... or to be more accurate, it looks like this:

Attachment 10316

that's the vbulletin ico. you have the generic vB style at the bottom of the page selected. change it to classic

I don't think it's relative in your case but there's also a tag that's improperly closed and a missing document
    Last edited by proggosaurus; 05-11-2017 at 05:44 AM.
    i.ain't.dead.irock

Quote Originally Posted by proggosaurus View Post
    that's the vbulletin ico. you have the generic vB style at the bottom of the page selected. change it to classic
    That's probably the problem, I agree.

- Bottom-right-hand corner of your screen

- Click the drop-box

- Select "Classic PE Style"

Let us know how it works...
    Regards,

Duncan

and Hal....while you're in classic style, from the menu select "show all bookmarks", delete the bookmark with the offending vB ico and close that window. make a new one from the page you want. that should do it. the location for the path of the icon is in the head of the html <link rel="Shortcut Icon" href="favicon_pe.ico" type="image/x-icon" />. the "link rel" attribute is a referral to the style sheet. the link itself is truncated and the whole path is "http://www.progressiveears.org/forum/favicon_pe.ico".

the tag which isn't closed is in the head as well <LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="http://www.progressiveears.com/favicon.ico"> and LINK REL HREF should be lowercase

don't need progressiveears.com anymore and additional.css is missing. this would work fine <--snipped-->

<head>
    <meta name="" />
    <link rel="Shortcut Icon" href="favicon_pe.ico" type="image/x-icon" />
    <script type="text/javascript">
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript"...>
    </script>
    <link rel="alternate" />
    <link rel="alternate" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="...." /><!--...>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="..." />
    <![endif]-->
    <link rel="SHORTCUT ICON" href="http://www.progressiveears.com/favicon.ico" />
    <link rel="SHORTCUT ICON" href="http://www.progressiveears.org/favicon_pe.ico" />
    <meta name="keywords" content="..." />
    <meta name="description" content="I...lol" />
    <title>PE Logo Change</title>
    <link rel="canonical" href="..." />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="..." /><!--...><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="..." /><![endif]-->
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=4&amp;langid=1&amp;d=1493807 609&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=additional.css" />
    <style type="text/css">
    /*<![CDATA[*/
    img.c3 {display:none}
    li.c2 {list-style: none; display: inline}
    input.c1 {display:none;}
    /*]]>*/
    </style>
    </head>

sorry Duncan, I'm a code whore
    i.ain't.dead.irock

Yes, that changed it. Thanks guys. Unfortunately, I prefer the generic style.

But anyway, explain this: I've had PE in the generic style since PE.org came online and my bookmark has always been the classic PE bookmark. It just suddenly changed on its own about a week ago. I'm betting the change coincided with either a Firefox update, a site/host update.

P.S.

Duncan, the drop box is in the lower left corner.

P.S.

Duncan, the drop box is in the lower left corner.
    Regards,

Duncan

But anyway, explain this: I've had PE in the generic style since PE.org came online and my bookmark has always been the classic PE bookmark. It just suddenly changed on its own about a week ago. I'm betting the change coincided with either a Firefox update, a site/host update.
    There was a software update a few weeks ago.

The favicon shouldn't have been over written, but maybe it was ... I'll check.
    Regards,

Duncan

Try it now.

(Again, you may need to clear your cache...)
    Regards,

Duncan

Okay, so I just discovered something else; actually two things:
    1. the icon on the tab of my browser was the aforementioned vbulletin icon.
    2. the bookmark is directly linked to how you want the page to look. In other words, when I bookmarked in classic PE, the PE icon is used for the bookmark. In generic style, the generic icon. But, now I have two bookmarks in each style and depending on which I click, the PE webpage loads in the same style (as if I went to the drop box and changed it manually). That's kind of trippy. lol

BTW, Duncan, I hope you're not going to any trouble. I certainly didn't intend for that to happen. It's just a minor thing.

Duncan, did you do something? I have the classic favicon but with the generic style. If you did, thanks!

Regards,

Duncan

Wow, I'm kind of amazed you'd go through the trouble for just one person. Thanks again.

BTW, this year's F1 season looks like it may be a classic battle between Ferrari & Mercedes, huh? Thank God. I love F1 but it can get boring when one team dominates.

BTW, this year's F1 season looks like it may be a classic battle between Ferrari & Mercedes, huh? Thank God. I love F1 but it can get boring when one team dominates.
    It definitely looks like we'll have some real competition, for a change! I just hope we won't have the usual parade. The real excitement is in the mid-pack - I'm still rooting for Renault and Williams to give Force India some competition.
    Regards,

Duncan

Yeah, there have been some real duels back there. Alonso, Grosjean, Sainz, Massa, Hulkenberg, et al, have had some real battles. Renault and Haas have both been looking strong–ish.

As for the "usual parade", I'm not so sure. As we've seen Vettel, Hamilton, and even Botas have all had wins. So, I could see the season shaping up to a three-way fight.

Unfortunately, Kimi's starting to look like an also ran.