Thread: Best Live King's X?

Best Live King's X?

I have Live All Over and Live Love In London and l;ike both for different reasons. But a couple years ago I got to interview Ty Tabor and he said the best sounding of all the King's X live records is hands down Building The Empire. A 2 CD set from their own Molken Music site fairly priced and I'm about to plunge. But I couldn't resist asking the opinionados here if they have any thoughts or perhaps a different live set to recommend.

The aforementioned "Tales from the Empire '92" and "Live & Live Some More: Dallas '94" (link below) are the best bets performance-wise:

http://molkenmusic.com/store/shop/details.php?id=7

Thank you both! Tales From The Empire was the one Ty said he thought was the best they've ever played that got captured live.

Hard to believe I saw those guys many times back when they were nothing but a covers bar band. I'm old! --- Now back to regular programming.

I was a die-hard King's X during the 'Out of the Silent Planet' - 'Ear Candy' era and saw every tour they did back then. My favorite show was with Masters of Reality (another great band!) opening on the 'Gretchen Goes To Nebraska' tour. They were an amazing live band back then but when they couldn't break through after their stunning Woodstock '94 performance it become clear that it wasn't gonna happen for them!

Too bad the post-Atlantic period was subpar for KX standards and they never regained their studio mojo. But, I do love Ty's solo albums and some of the collaborations Dug was/is involved in, especially KXM with George Lynch and Third Ear Experience with Robbi Robb from Tribe After Tribe, a trippy experimental psychedelic rock project. Check out 'BOI' with Dug on lead vocals.

They are hands down THE band that should have been bigger than they were. Everyone knows it who loves them.

Just think about it. Pearl Jam let them open for them and their band members wore their shirts on stage and a few weeks ago Pearl Jam was inducted into the R&RHOF. Crazy.