Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: King crimson - live in Vienna release for sept 2017

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    You must find the whole forum pretty unsettling.
    I find people in general pretty unsettling.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crimson King View Post
    Not for King Crimson. They've always been about new music. This incarnation has produced some new music, but frankly it's not memorable. People are coming to the shows only for the oldies now. That's never been what KC was about.
    Sadly, we don't get to determine "what KC [is] about." KC does.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmanzi View Post
    Sadly, we don't get to determine "what KC [is] about." KC does.
    Oh so true - one of those bands that had never been guided by commercial aims or perception. They just kind of do as they please and let the chips fall as they will......I mean if fripp wanted to just cash in and make a bunch more money, he wouldn't be employing a band with 8 total players, including 3 drummers! Like I said, they are whatever they choose to be, the fans are just along to enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I can understand this outlook, but I figure they feel they don't have another album in them but there's demand for concerts. As someone who's only gotten to see KC three times (Discipline, TOAPP, and the first Elements leg), I kind of appreciate it. I don't see as milking us as much as making a living and spreading some KC love ❤️
    Well said. While I'll pass on the CD, I would still happily go see them live if they happened to head south (I saw them in Atlanta in 2001 & 2003). I also don't begrudge them making a buck off of their music, as they have held off of that for quite some time (and Mr Fripp has raided my bank account frequently over the years).

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    3rd row seats in Montreal. To the naysayers - you're choice but I think the band is still spectacular! I'm excited to see them in a few months.
    Me too...I'll be covering them in Montreal and then, two days later, Toronto. Not many bands I'd do that for....
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer

Had to pass on this tour so the CD will be my consolation prize.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'm confused, I can't find this release on their site, maybe it's sold out?

I'm confused, I can't find this release on their site, maybe it's sold out?
    They switched releases - live in Chicago was decided to get released fall 2017, while Vienna is coming out in 2018, except for Japan where they got Vienna already. But for Japan, they have to wait until 2018 for Chicago. In any event, the awesome Chicago show is readily available!

Quote Originally Posted by kenticus View Post
    They switched releases - live in Chicago was decided to get released fall 2017, while Vienna is coming out in 2018, except for Japan where they got Vienna already. But for Japan, they have to wait until 2018 for Chicago. In any event, the awesome Chicago show is readily available!
    Well the Japanese release has been leaked onto the internet (not surprising I guess), but it doesn't have Fractured.

Well the Japanese release has been leaked onto the internet (not surprising I guess), but it doesn't have Fractured.
    John Kelman

Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    Are you angry that it doesn't have Fractured?

I was just confused because there was a download available yet I didn't seem to be able to order it from DGM's shop, but their site still has the note saying it was going to be released in September.

Quote Originally Posted by kenticus View Post

I ordered from a Japanese site and received my Vienna/Japan set in the email last week

nice package and content
    2trevorsforlife

Have they combined two shows into one release or something?Look at this 1CD release in Amazon. An error?

https://www.amazon.com/Live-Japan-20.../dp/B0738W2MKR
    Last edited by JKL2000; 10-15-2017 at 09:56 AM.

Have they combined two shows into one release or something?Look at this 1CD release in Amazon. An error?

https://www.amazon.com/Live-Japan-20.../dp/B0738W2MKR

error

it's 3 discs
    2trevorsforlife

Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    error

it's 3 discs
    But just the Vienna show?

Are you angry that it doesn't have Fractured?
    Well, a bit... I went from Montreal to Toronto this past summer as I’d hoped if I saw two shows I’d get one with Fracture. No dice. Live in Chicago, which is still amazing, comes out...no Fracture. Live in Vienna is coming...no Fracture.

I wanna hear how this lineup tackles Fracture, goddammit!!
    John Kelman

But just the Vienna show?
    Take a look at the back cover on the link. The third disc is a bonus Japanese 2015 show.

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    Take a look at the back cover on the link. The third disc is a bonus Japanese 2015 show.
    I see - interesting! Is the US release going to feature that bonus concert? Probably not, since it's part of the KCCC series.

I see - interesting! Is the US release going to feature that bonus concert? Probably not, since it's part of the KCCC series.
    https://www.dgmlive.com/diaries/Davi...ive_in_chicago

That explains the Chicago and Vienna plan - safe to assume the Japan tracks are unique to the Japan release, but we’ll see. Remains to be see if they release a version of fracture as a stand-alone or as part of any future set.....imagine it’ll make itself heard at some point! In the meantime, live in Chicago should keep any fan of this band very happy for a long while.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    If the free L5 dowload from Chicago is any indication of the sound quality, it deserves its Official Bootleg title. I'm sure I'll pick it up eventually, but I'm in no hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    If the free L5 dowload from Chicago is any indication of the sound quality, it deserves its Official Bootleg title. I'm sure I'll pick it up eventually, but I'm in no hurry.
    Quality is much better on the official release - remember those one song per show downloads are just quickie mixes from the mixing desk. The official full release is full perfect quality audio, professionally mixed and mastered. Level five on the official release sounds miles better than the already decent quality single song download.

I have no complaints at all about the sound quality of the Chicago show. It sounds really, really good even for a soundboard. I picked it up at my local Bull Moose for only $13. Cheap!

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Good to hear.

Weird that Chicago is already in record stores and Amazon isn't shipping yet.

Was the Chicago show with the 7-piece or 8-piece band?