Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Led Zeppelin reunion rumours...again

Jason Bonham was also in a group called Airrace and second band called Virginia Wolf. He played Page on Outrider and on that tour.

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    They'd be a great co-headliner with a reunited Genesis. Collins could join Plant for a few Principal of Moments tunes... Page and Hackett could cut heads...

Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience is touring this year as the opener for the Foreigner/Cheap Trick tour. I bet Jason will join Foreigner for a song or two.

Saw JBLZE opening for Heart a few years back. Great band that does the songs justice.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post
    Got to admit the Page/Plant No Quarter tour I saw in the 90s was great. I appreciated they variated from the LZ albums with their song reworkings. Didn't seem like some stale reunion tour.
    I won tickets to that tour and was pleasantly surprised how good Plant sounded. Page, on the other hand, was awful. He was out of tune a good portion of the show (although the Pittsburgh crowd never seemed to notice, unsurprisingly). Plant carried Page that night.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    They'd be a great co-headliner with a reunited Genesis.
    Robert Plant should tour with the Egg reunion tour.

Booked as "Egg/Plant."

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Robert Plant should tour with the Egg reunion tour.

Booked as "Egg/Plant."
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I won tickets to that tour and was pleasantly surprised how good Plant sounded. Page, on the other hand, was awful. He was out of tune a good portion of the show (although the Pittsburgh crowd never seemed to notice, unsurprisingly). Plant carried Page that night.
    From my recollection of the show, Page outdid Plant in Detroit (The Palace of Auburn Hills, rather). The concert was splendid, although they did noticeably attempt to downplay or gloss over anytime Plant's range no longer matched the original studio material.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

I don't think LZ will ever reunite again. There's no reason for them to. It will take them all to commit. They don't need the money. As long as Plant sees no point, it will not happen.

http://http://www.torontosun.com/201...ppelin-reunion
    Could be another one show 'reunion', presumably next year, arranged to coincide with the 50th Anniversary of the band.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post
    Got to admit the Page/Plant No Quarter tour I saw in the 90s was great. I appreciated they variated from the LZ albums with their song reworkings. Didn't seem like some stale reunion tour.
    That's another show I regret missing. I think I just didn't have the money for tickets, and I somehow thought it wouldn't be too good anyway. Then, after the show happened, the local classic rock station started playing this version of The Rain Song, from the show, I believe with members of the Cleveland Orchestra providing a string arrangement. I remember I was having lunch at McDonald's one day, and I had my old Walkman on, and it came on, and I just thought, "Ahhhh...".