Thread: The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger - Midnight Sun

The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger - Midnight Sun

Purchased on the heels of Claypool/Lennon blowing me away, I had to check this out. All I can say is WOW!!!!! Check for yourself: very influenced by Echoes, IMO

Yup, pretty great album. A bit old news though, I'm waiting for a new one. I see his girlfriend Charlotte Kemp all the time in ads and store displays for makeup, pretty busy model.

Good stuff.

I saw them live 2 or 3 years ago when the album came out. Sean was impressive on guitar.

I saw them that same tour opening for a band who escapes me right now, and was very pleasantly surprised.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

A Beatles sibling and one of the hottest chics around plus some nice music, not a bad combination.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    A Beatles sibling and one of the hottest chics around plus some nice music, not a bad combination.
    She does have one of the prettiest faces ever designed.

charlotte-kemp-muhl.jpg

I wish their song "Britney Jean" would be put on a cd. I really like that one.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I saw them that same tour opening for a band who escapes me right now, and was very pleasantly surprised.
    They were the headliner on the tour I saw. Syd Arthur was the opening band. It was a fantastic double bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    They were the headliner on the tour I saw. Syd Arthur was the opening band. It was a fantastic double bill.
    Thank you! I had the pecking order backwards but that was the same tour.

Can't believe I forgot Syd Arthur was that band, since that's who I went to see!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I thought they were OK, but the whole "Let's look and sound like we just walked out of a time machine from 1970" thing just bugged me for some reason. I love that era obviously, but they were laying it on a little too thick for my liking.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

I bought this one a week after buying The Lennon Claypool Delerium as well. Makes for a pretty good pairing. The younger Lennon has some serious musical gifts.
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life