Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barock project - Detachment

Barock project - Detachment

this new album from barock Project are very very good to my ears,i have played it at least 10 times and it stills grow on me.
    prior to this release the singer left , and luca who write ,plays keyboard ,and produced the album also handles the lead vocals ,he got good help from mr pete jones who handles the lead vocals on 2 tracks.

i couldnt really get into barock Project in the past ,good yes but nothing special for me ,but this new album,i love it .

here is one song from it

happy to see you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wj1ghguu8c

cheers

Loving the new album as well. Pete Jones appearance was a surprise, but a welcome one. Hope he sticks around.

Old man of prog
    Will undoubtedly be on Top 10 list of 2017.

I agree this is a fantastic release. Their best of the ones I've heard.

They were announced for ROSFest 2018

I had never heard anything from the Barock Project before reading a glowing review of Detachment recently at DPRP , so I decided to get it , very glad that I did , an excellent album .
    Looking forward to hearing more from this band.

Detachment is a great Cd with all of my favorite influences,they came out of nowhere for me but
    Hopefully there will more!

Really enjoying this. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by marltonfan View Post
    Detachment is a great Cd with all of my favorite influences,they came out of nowhere for me but
    Hopefully there will more!
    If this is your first Barock Project album, know that there is already more. "Rebus" and "Misteriosevoci" are also very good.

Thanks, I see several are on Spotify so I will listen tonight. Again Detachment is such a great CD!

Big fan of Barock Project - - I've got all their albums and enjoy every one. They keep refining their sound, and the production values on Detachment are up a notch as well. Outstanding musicianship, with excellent ensemble playing and songwriting to boot. If you haven't heard them yet, you owe it to yourself to check them out!

Besides the very cringy "Spies" with the Dumb & Dumber soundbite, I haven't been able to stop listening to this album.

Anyone know why they're coming to the US and seemingly only playing at RoSfest?

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDegree_Robert View Post
    I am thinking of going to Rosfest this year because I really enjoy Barock Project. They have an excellent line up at Rosfect this year that should appeal to many tastes, however, Barock Project is what may get me there. I have all their releases and the fact that they are what I consider to be a Neo Prog band, which is not what I listen to at all, Detachment really caught my ear, so many well written tunes...
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    I am thinking of going to Rosfest this year because I really enjoy Barock Project. They have an excellent line up at Rosfect this year that should appeal to many tastes, however, Barock Project is what may get me there. I have all their releases and the fact that they are what I consider to be a Neo Prog band, which is not what I listen to at all, Detachment really caught my ear, so many well written tunes...
    They definitely have a certain something that raises them above the flock of bands similar to their sound. Great songwriting, instrumental work and vocals. One of the best newer bands of this style to come around in a long time IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    They definitely have a certain something that raises them above the flock of bands similar to their sound. Great songwriting, instrumental work and vocals. One of the best newer bands of this style to come around in a long time IMO.
    Absolutely Steve! Would even be a good fit for Progday.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Old man of prog
    "Detatchment" was firmly in my Top 10 of 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDegree_Robert View Post
    Because hardly any prog band can actually tour the US just like hardly any US progband actually tours in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    Because hardly any prog band can actually tour the US just like hardly any US progband actually tours in Europe.
    When we (a NJ-based band) were invited to the Summer's End Festival we immediately asked all the bands playing the festival if they were planning on doing other dates around the festival date. We joined with 2 other bands who played that festival and played 3 shows around England on our way to the Summer's End Festival in Wales. We also put together shows in Holland, Germany and France prior to those dates.

Places like Orion and NJ Proghouse-and a few others if you try hard enough-would have all or many of the bands playing RoSfest in a heartbeat. I'm arranging a tour for us right now around the time of RoSfest and am wondering if it would be a good idea to join forces with a band coming a good distance to play RoSfest. We're in talks with one band right now but not one coming as far as Italy.

bump.

wow, I am enjoying this band quite a bit. Their sort of orchestral Medieval Folk style works quite well.

If you like bands like The Nice, ELP, PFM, Le Orme, Gentle Giant, King Crimson and wish there was a band that reminded you of these great bands and had their own way of writing new music, this is the band for you!! These guys have been around for years and every release is fantastic...and better than the last! Highly highly recommended!!!
    So much music....so little time....

Quote Originally Posted by flatliner View Post
    If you like bands like The Nice, ELP, PFM, Le Orme, Gentle Giant, King Crimson and wish there was a band that reminded you of these great bands and had their own way of writing new music, this is the band for you!! These guys have been around for years and every release is fantastic...and better than the last! Highly highly recommended!!!
    Their show at ROSfest last year was fantastic.

bump.

new album "Seven Seas" coming on September 27th.