Thread: New Sound of Contact album in the works!

New Sound of Contact album in the works!

Hello my PE friends! Squids here posting from the UK. I'm at Simon Collins' studio working with him and the rest of the band (remotely in different parts of the world in their studios) on the next Sound of Contact album! It's coming out great so far. We've been at it for close to two years off and on. Even though all four of us have been working on solo albums individually (with a bit of crossover in that Kelly Nordstrom guests on Simon's album and Matt Dorsey guests on my solo album "Static") we decided that we have to get the next SOC album done in parallel so we can start playing some songs from it on the next Cruise To The Edge Feb 3-8, 2018. On the cruise we'll also be playing all of "Dimensionaut" from start to finish for the first time with the original 4 band members who created the album together along with some interesting special guests!

I just thought I'd let you know for those of you who are interested. We may do a Facebook live soon from the SOC FB page.

Fantastic! Looking forward to Static, as well.

Good news!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    Fantastic! Looking forward to Static, as well.
    Thanks! I'm nearly done with Static but since I'm here with Simon I'll see if we can squeeze in a guest spot for him on something. One song that was almost going to be on Static (and was originally going to potentially be on the Mantra Vega album) may end up being on an SOC album. If so, that changes the tone of "Static" a bit but in a good way. Keeps it dark (no pun intended).

Very cool news! I was just listening to Dimensionaut a few days ago.

Jon Neudorf
    Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Very cool news! I was just listening to Dimensionaut a few days ago.
    Simon and I were just jamming the other day on "Only Breathing Out" and "Beyond Illumination". It's been years! Can't wait to perform all the songs from this album. They mean a lot to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Squids View Post
    Simon and I were just jamming the other day on "Only Breathing Out" and "Beyond Illumination". It's been years! Can't wait to perform all the songs from this album. They mean a lot to me.
    That's great to hear!

Beyond Illumination was one of my favorites from that disc, and actually just one of my favorite songs period. The keyboards (especially those phat analog synth lines), and the dual vocals between Simon an Hannah Stobart. I love that track. And the ending actually reaches emotional heights that are rare (for me at least) with modern music. Dimensionaut was a highlight for me in 2013, so knowing you guys are jamming together again is music to my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    That's great to hear!

Beyond Illumination was one of my favorites from that disc, and actually just one of my favorite songs period. The keyboards (especially those phat analog synth lines), and the dual vocals between Simon an Hannah Stobart. I love that track. And the ending actually reaches emotional heights that are rare (for me at least) with modern music. Dimensionaut was a highlight for me in 2013, so knowing you guys are jamming together again is music to my ears.
    Thanks! We liked emotional endings. Definitely some to look forward to on the next SOC album which is what we're working on now.