Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: PE's Continued Appeal?

PE has been for years and is still my go-to spot on the net for current info on what's up with all manner of prog bands. I don't post nearly as much as I have at times in the past, but it still feels like home, even if the family can be a bit dysfunctional at times! I'm glad to know it, and all of you guys, are still here.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" - Yoda

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

I think I might have to start spending more time here than on Facebook, and now that I’ve reset my password for the umpteenth time, that will now be a more welcome distraction from the real world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Be a loyal plastic robot for a world that doesn't care... Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck AzEee! View Post
    I think I might have to start spending more time here than on Facebook, and now that I’ve reset my password for the umpteenth time, that will now be a more welcome distraction from the real world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Several people here would like that, Charles.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I keep coming back to Progressive Ears for the discussions about Progressive Rock and to learn about new releases (and reissues) from my favorite prog bands. It's also a great place to find interviews (and "gossip") from the artists that make the music. And people like me will keep coming back!

Banned
    Although I don't contribute very often I enjoy following certain threads and seeing what's new / whats news. I have great respect for the knowledge of people here many of whom are musicians as I am. It's also great to get the perspectives of those in the business such as it is.

Fuck Face Book: #1 database $ource for personal information exploitation and #1 source of dangerous propaganda for elevator-fart breathing, fully-encapsulated proto-fascist zombies. A clear and present danger to democracy...and if you think that's hyperbole you're probably not following the issue closely.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Thanks Sir Steve, the issue is that I can’t view PE at work like I used to via my workstation as the browser is blocked and I can’t keep the iPad on my desk, so it’s often once I get home but even then it’s a crap shoot because I would have to reset my password. But yes before Facebook I was always on here.

Thanks Sir Steve, the issue is that I can’t view PE at work like I used to via my workstation as the browser is blocked and I can’t keep the iPad on my desk, so it’s often once I get home but even then it’s a crap shoot because I would have to reset my password. But yes before Facebook I was always on here.
    You are forced to reset your PE password?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    Fuck Face Book: #1 database $ource for personal information exploitation and #1 source of dangerous propaganda for elevator-fart breathing, fully-encapsulated proto-fascist zombies. A clear and present danger to democracy...and if you think that's hyperbole you're probably not following the issue closely.
    Sig-worthy stuff

That's odd... I know that some firms have blocked access to fb, because some spent way too much time on it...

A few sociologists invented the new phenomena of prensenteeism (as opposed to absenteeism), because since fb appeared, a lot lets of the latter (absenteeism) have been noted... In other woerds, some that preferred calling in sick (whether really or not), now come in and get paid , but spend the whole day (or most of) on fb and get paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    You are forced to reset your PE password?
    We had that hacker-attack a few months ago, and it aimed at the passwords.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

My #1 go to site anytime of day, Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Seconded.

Thanks guys.

The rampant sexuality of reading & posting here on PE is undeniable.
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox660 View Post
    The rampant sexuality of reading & posting here on PE is undeniable.
    Uh huh
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

I continue to come here because it constantly reminds me that I'm not the only music obsessed mutant on the planet...that and the free all you can eat buffet.
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life

Lucky Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I continue to come here because it constantly reminds me that I'm not the only music obsessed mutant on the planet...that and the free all you can eat buffet.
    They try to limit the crab.
    Perhaps finding the happy medium is harder than we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankh View Post
    They try to limit the crab.
    Really? There seems to be no limit to the crabs here.
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life

Lucky Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Really? There seems to be no limit to the crabs here.
    It's all in the try.
    Perhaps finding the happy medium is harder than we know.

I have been on and off this site for more than a decade. I first found this site because I wanted more bands like the ones I grew up with. Over the years I filled that itch. I still buy prog but not in the volume I used to.

I still visit because many times I read articles about bands I forgot or never got into. I actually use DPRP for discovering new and this site to discuss old.

I would miss PE if it ever disappeared.

I'd like to first thank you Sean (and forgive my necroing of this thread) for PE because I know how much work goes into a site like this. I haven't been active on PE for some time now because of life stuff: illness, divorce, and moving from PA to New Orleans (my hometown) among other things.

I come to PE for prog discussion because of the quality of the members: many of the best prog musicians and producers of prog are here and the members are very knowledgable. The format is nice and clean and easy to navigate. The latest in prog music is listed here with great reviews - what more can I say?

Hello everone! Blessings to all!
    echolynfan

Romans 8:28: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm still on the site daily, primarily for the knowledgeable members, recommendations, and general friendly banter, love this place.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Yeah, I'm still on the site daily, primarily for the knowledgeable members, recommendations, and general friendly banter, love this place.
    Me too

I come here for the free coffee and donuts on Fridays.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Funny to see what I wrote in this thread in 2017, that I'd never be on Facebook. Well, that ship sailed, and I'm now connected there to several Prog-related groups. However, I stand by what my sense was at the time, that the quality of discussion here is superior to that format. It's not only superior, imo, it's WAY superior. There's very little back-and-forth on Facebook. It's mostly people broadcasting their thoughts with very little description or detail. I get little value from 99% of the posts there, and often consider bailing on some of those groups.

I still come here to find out about new stuff I'm interested in, and the format of this site makes it vastly easier to go back and find something if you're looking.

Viva PE! I'm still here just about every day, and I don't know what I'd do without you!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I come here for the free coffee and donuts on Fridays.
    Wait...what?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I can’t remember a day when I didn’t peruse PE’s wealth of knowledge & humor. Thank you for all the things you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk