Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: RIP Erin Moran - Joanie Cunningham in Happy Days

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Why not show up? He made some remarks that he rapidly withdrew. I think it was nice of him to attend.
    I'm just surprised that her brother didn't beat the crap out of him.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    It's good to see them all together. I assume Henry Winkler had some conflict. Aren't the two guys that ran the diner dead? I know Mr. C is.
    Pat Morita passed away in 2005, Tom Bosley in 2010, and Al Molinaro in 2015.

Did you know that David Doyle's character on Charlie's Angels was named after Tom Bosley? Apparently, a lot of people (eg casting agents, etc) got the two of them mixed up frequently, so when the Bosley character was created (with Doyle in mind), he was given that name as a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I'm just surprised that her brother didn't beat the crap out of him.
    All talk and no play

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Pat Morita passed away in 2005, Tom Bosley in 2010, and Al Molinaro in 2015.

Did you know that David Doyle's character on Charlie's Angels was named after Tom Bosley? Apparently, a lot of people (eg casting agents, etc) got the two of them mixed up frequently, so when the Bosley character was created (with Doyle in mind), he was given that name as a joke.
    Morita was which character? I suppose that Molinaro was Al from the diner

Yup, I had always wondered about the Charlie's Angels Tm Bosley... not that the two actors looked alike, though
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    All talk and no play

Morita was which character? I suppose that Molinaro was Al from the diner

Yup, I had always wondered about the Charlie's Angels Tm Bosley... not that the two actors looked alike, though
    Pat Morita was the original Arnold. He owned the diner. He later became famous in the Karate Kid films as Mr. Miyagi. I always thought he was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Pat Morita was the original Arnold. He owned the diner. He later became famous in the Karate Kid films as Mr. Miyagi. I always thought he was hilarious.
    Oh, yeah, of course... I had assumed that this was another Italian-origined actor, because of the name. (Morita could pass as Japanese, but Pat??)

Yes, much funnier that Al, I thought
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

His first name is Noriyuki or something like that. I think he's Hawaiian actually (of Japanese parents).

He was the only Arnold. When Morita decided to leave the show, Arnold sold the diner to Al.

He was the only Arnold. When Morita decided to leave the show, Arnold sold the diner to Al.

Pat Morita was great in the first Karate Kid movie (I don't think I ever saw any of the sequels). He had lots of great lines, like when Ralph Macchio asks where all of his cars came from, he simply replies, "Detroit!". And when the kid catches a fly with his chopsticks, he scoffs, "You have a beginner's luck!".

His first name is Noriyuki or something like that. I think he's Hawaiian actually (of Japanese parents).
    According to Wikipedia, he was born in California. He was given his nickname of "Pat" while he was being hospitalized as a child for spinal tuberculosis.

Yep, Geek I knew you'd come through......

It's not like when you watch The Karate Kid, his name doesn't scroll as Noriyuki "Pat" Morita or anything.

Btw, Pat was married to Evelyn Guerrero, the hottie who played Cheech's girlfriend Donna in Cheech & Chong's Next Movie. She reprises the role in Nice Dreams and Things Are Tough All Over.

I dated a gal whose uncle was, in fact, Pat Morita. He passed away while we were dating.

I dated a gal whose uncle was, in fact, Pat Morita.
    Inserting the obligatory "wax on, wax off" joke here.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I dated a gal whose uncle was, in fact, Pat Morita. He passed away while we were dating.
    Wow, he must have really disliked you.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"