Thread: Dubagumma - The Pale to release reggae version of Ummagumma

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Dubagumma - The Pale to release reggae version of Ummagumma

Anyone familiar with The Pale? Never heard of em but this sounds interesting. Not sure it's all reggae. I just read about this on a forum I stumbled upon: ( http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/forum/ ):

After 18 months of recording we are pleased to finally announce our new album ‘Dubaggumma' will be released later today. A reggae tribute to Pink Floyd’s experimental 1969 album Ummagumma, the release sees us stretching the boundaries of the classic Pale sound once again. In the tradition of the Pink Floyd classic, the album sees each member given full control over a studio track. The results we are happy to say is the band’s most far out recordings to date. You won’t believe your ears!
    Track Listing:
    Alka Seltzer’s Mandolin Party
    Shane Wearen; 142 overdubbed mandolins evoking the pastoral feel of "The Grand Vizier’s Garden Party")
    Xynomizithra
    David O’Shea’s reggae take on the experimental three-part synthesiser opus Sisyphus. With guest vocals from Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry
    The Coolock Way
    Matthew Devereux, an echoplex, a loop station and the power of his imagination creates a slow groove version of "The Narrow Way"
    Grant Mitchel’s Headshop
    Aidan O’Grady re-imaging of the folk classic "Grantchester Meadows" as 5-minute ragga drum solo
    Several Strippers With Small Furry Handbags Grooving Together In an Animal
    Gavin O’Brien tunes up the bass, turns on the amp and drops out with this 12-minute dub version of the classic Roger Waters song “Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict”

Did you notice the date of the post?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    Did you notice the date of the post?
    You know, it occurred to me but I didn't check. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, umm, fool me again...?

I was soooo hoping this was real. The Dub Side Of The Moon was pretty good but imagine a dub-ified Ummagumma?
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off