Thread: Steve Winwood Live at the Tower phila Pa 04/22/17 Amazing show boring crowd sold out!

Steve Winwood Live at the Tower phila Pa 04/22/17 Amazing show boring crowd sold out!

this was the set list missing a song or two and in the incorrect order
    Back in the High Life Again
    Pearly Queen
    I'm a Man
    gimmie some lovin
    Fly
    Them Changes
    Can't Find My Way Home
    Had to Cry Today
    The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys
    Empty Pages
    Light Up or Leave Me Alone
    Higher Love
    Dear Mr. Fantasy

We missed the opening act which happened to be his daughter Lilly Winwood as my friend wanted to get a couple of drinks in before going in. we located an amazing spot to park in a relatively safe aera for like three bucks at a lot with parking meters about two blocks from the theatre....T

There is a really seedy place right where the tour buses were parked in the ally next to the tower called the Waterford inn that is a bar for the locals but is the best and quickest place to grap a quick drink at a reasonable cost but you have to put up with the loud rap crap that was being blasted thru an amazing stereo set up..
    Anyway the sound was amazing the seats sucked so we both both stood along the side of the walkway and danced most of the night slowly moving up during the show to about ten rows along the side to enjoy the highlight of the show LIGHT UP OR LEAVE ME ALONE and Dear Mr Fantasy and low spark......S

Steve had a full band, his voice was amazing and played mostly keyboards but did play lead guitar on several numbers...The old boring crowd sat on their asses most of the show.....A few people like us dead heads were dancing arounrd and how you would be sitting down during the entire show except for the encore Gimme some lovin but I get it ...most of the crowd could barely walk ....

If you like traffic or Blind Faith go now before it is too late!!!!!
    Last edited by ZEPPELIN4EVER; 04-24-2017 at 09:40 AM.

Nice setlist. Looks like mostly Traffic. What was the song "Fly"? What band/album is that from? Or was it a cover (perhaps "I just wanna fly")?

Quote Originally Posted by ZEPPELIN4EVER View Post
    this was the set list missing a song or two and in the incorrect order
    Back in the High Life Again
    Pearly Queen
    I'm a Man
    gimmie some lovin
    Fly
    Them Changes
    Can't Find My Way Home
    Had to Cry Today
    The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys
    Empty Pages
    Light Up or Leave Me Alone
    Higher Love
    Dear Mr. Fantasy

We missed the opening act which happened to be his daughter Lilly Winwood as my friend wanted to get a couple of drinks in before going in. we located an amazing spot to park in a relatively safe aera for like three bucks at a lot with parking meters about two blocks from the theatre....T

There is a really seedy place right where the tour buses were parked in the ally next to the tower called the Waterford inn that is a bar for the locals but is the best and quickest place to grap a quick drink at a reasonable cost but you have to put up with the loud rap crap that was being blasted thru an amazing stereo set up..
    Anyway the sound was amazing the seats sucked so we both both stood along the side of the walkway and danced most of the night slowly moving up during the show to about ten rows along the side to enjoy the highlight of the show LIGHT UP OR LEAVE ME ALONE and Dear Mr Fantasy and low spark......S

Steve had a full band, his voice was amazing and played mostly keyboards but did play lead guitar on several numbers...The old boring crowd sat on their asses most of the show.....A few people like us dead heads were dancing arounrd and how you would be sitting down during the entire show except for the encore Gimme some lovin but I get it ...most of the crowd could barely walk ....

If you like traffic or Blind Faith go now before it is too late!!!!!

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Fly was off his most recent album, Dirty Work. (Which was not all that recent--2009)

I saw Winwood last year opening for Steely Dan. Similar setlist to the above. Only one 80's song "Higher Love" which was evidently the highlight for much of the audience. Otherwise he did mostly jammy 60's stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by pb2015 View Post
    I saw Winwood last year opening for Steely Dan. Similar setlist to the above. Only one 80's song "Higher Love" which was evidently the highlight for much of the audience. Otherwise he did mostly jammy 60's stuff.
    Back In The High Life Again was on the same album as Higher Love.
    I noticed he did nothing from Arc of a Diver. Regardless, that is a really great setlist.

Interesting setlist. Would like to have a CD of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    Back In The High Life Again was on the same album as Higher Love.
    True and "Back In The High Life" was not played at the shorter show I saw. I would have enjoyed seeing him do "While You See A Chance" or other songs from Arc.

Quote Originally Posted by pb2015 View Post
    True and "Back In The High Life" was not played at the shorter show I saw. I would have enjoyed seeing him do "While You See A Chance" or other songs from Arc.
    "Night Train" is a great track, and would probably sound fantastic live with a good band.
    Unfortunately, I haven't always been crazy about the musicians Steve uses.

Steve Winwood never did a live solo album or video.
    i saw him in '88 and he was fantastic.
    would love a DVD either recent or vintage shows.
    not many living legends around, he sure is one!

I caught Winwood last summer opening for Steely Dan. He was just OK, and his band was workman-like at best, nothing special.
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes