Thread: SHYLOCK - live video from 31 January 2013

SHYLOCK - live video from 31 January 2013

Performing what many consider their best-ever track, the title piece from their 2nd album "Ile De Fievre".
    Filmed on January 31, 2013 at the band's 4th gig since reforming last year, in Mouans-Sartoux, near Cannes / Nice (France).

hey!

thank you for posting. Always happy to see Frédéric play!!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I'm a huge Shylock fan, so this is great to see.

And according toFrédéric L’Épée (via the Cuneiform news update):

Shylock is planning to record a "Best of" containing their main titles (Quatrième, Cinquième, Sixième, Laocksetal, Ile de Fièvre, Dernier plus unreleased songs). It will be a re-recording, not a compilation or a remastering of already recording material..

That's an autobuy for me.

- Jeff

What a great band.

I hope to get the DVD pretty soon, and the "Best Of" sounds good too.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Ok. I'm majorly impressed... I really like the Yang CD from a few years ago, but had never heard Shylock before. Where does one start?

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    Ok. I'm majorly impressed... I really like the Yang CD from a few years ago, but had never heard Shylock before. Where does one start?
    They only have two, get them both. As Greg says, both are killer.

SHYLOCK - Brilliant 70’s Crimsonish prog with long tracks. Both are killer! http://www.myspace.com/shylockprog76
    GIALORGUES (+ 5 BONUS TRACKS) $16
    GIALORGUES (REMASTERED + 5 BONUS TRACKS) (JAPANESE MINI LP SLEEVE SHM-CD) $35
    ILE DE FIEVRE (+ BONUS TRACK) $16
    ILE DE FIEVRE (REMASTERED + BONUS TRACK) (JAPANESE MINI LP SLEEVE SHM-CD) $35

http://synphonic.8m.com/country/france.htm

BTW, very much looking forward to new music from Yang.

Bill