Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jobson/Bonilla Fallen Angels tour

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Really nice show in Boston tonight, probably about 100 people there, played about 90 minutes, stripped down performance of keys and acoustic guitar. Mainly UK, Crimson, ELP & Keith Emerson group. Lots of chat and stories from Eddie & Marc before & during the show. Very relaxed and funny. Lovely night of music, probably the best I've seen of Eddie.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I thought it was a lot more than really nice. Nothing short of amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I thought it was a lot more than really nice. Nothing short of amazing.
    I think the difference is in translation between British & American, British "really nice" = American "amazing"
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Really bummed to have missed this show last night, glad to hear it was amazing or really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Very relaxed and funny. Lovely night of music, probably the best I've seen of Eddie.
    I have to reiterate, I have not seen Eddie live since he returned to live performances and I was simply blown away by his ability, in such a stripped down setting, to deliver such a well executed show. There was nothing "nice" about the covers, everything was "awesome" and he put a lot heart into the performances.

Marc Bonilla as well, the guy knows how to play guitar to compliment a keyboard player. Never a moment when he was fighting with or showboating against what was being presented on keys. I'm still buzzing from the show two days later.

Clearly it takes more for me to be awe struck. I have managed to get out of bed this morning and go to work. It was a very nice show that I recommend people go see.
    Ian

If you told me in advance that a 2 man band without drums could pull off Carrying No Cross and In The Dead of Night and completely do justice to those pieces, I'd have been very skeptical.

I thoroughly enjoyed Monday's nights show! This was only the 2nd time I've seen Jobson play live & he was amazing. I don't think he did a violin solo back in 2012 when they kicked off the trio tour (1st night was Chicago), so this was my first time seeing him do this solo I had only heard on bootlegs before.

Eddie does open the show by talking for about 15-20 minutes, so it does take a while before you hear any music. Not really knowing that much about Jobson, I came away with a much better opinion of Eddie the person - and he seemed to truly care about these tributes he was playing.

Clearly it takes more for me to be awe struck. I have managed to get out of bed this morning and go to work.
    That was an amazing post.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    I was intendingto go to the regent show on 5/2 but I now have surgery scheduled for 5/4 so wifey would like me to sit this one out...
    Best wishes re: your health.

Really nice show in Boston tonight, probably about 100 people there, played about 90 minutes, stripped down performance of keys and acoustic guitar. Mainly UK, Crimson, ELP & Keith Emerson group. Lots of chat and stories from Eddie & Marc before & during the show. Very relaxed and funny. Lovely night of music, probably the best I've seen of Eddie.
    I sadly missed this show but reading these comments brings back beautiful memories from 2010 when I saw Greg Lake and Keith Emerson live for the very last time during their High Voltage warm-up tour simply called "An Evening with Emerson & Lake". The stage was setup as a recording studio backdrop and this was mainly because before each song mostly Greg would reminisce about how the song idea was developed and the history behind each song (Take a Pebble, Luck man, From the Beginning, Pirates, to name a few). It was a wonderful night and to be honest, it felt like their farewell tour indeed. After the show, we patiently waited beside the tour bus and both Greg and Keith kindly took pictures and even autographed my Works Tour 1977 Program!! It was more than a memorable night, it was a night for the ages. I'm pretty sure Eddie and Marc gave the fans the same emotions.
    I may be older but, I saw live: Led Zeppelin, Yes, ELP, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, Fish, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Marillion, IQ, UK, Saga, Rush, Supertramp, Pink Floyd, Genesis with Peter Gabriel, Steve Hackett, Triumph, Magma, Goblin, Porcupine Tree, The Musical Box, Uriah Heep, Dio, David Bowie, Iron Maiden, Queen with Freddie Mercury, George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood, Steely Dan, Dream theater, Joe Satriani, you get the idea..

There's an amazing audio recording floating around from Holland : great stuff indeed.