Thread: Purson disbands...

Purson disbands...

This is awful news. They put out two of the best albums of this decade.

http://teamrock.com/news/2017-04-21/...announce-split
    The Prog Corner

I have been curious about this band for a while, but never really checked them out.

Well it seems an expected move after that change of direction (with all these glam rock touches and the almost one-man band status) on their 2nd album... Did you listen to their farewell track Chocolate Money? It's 95% heads on retro glam rock... Guess the audience that made their debut a success, jumped ship on the 2nd.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Well that's bad new.

Their first album was a top 10 release for me. The second album, while good, suffered, imo, from Rosie playing almost everything. No band "feel" on that one, imo.

That first album was so good it hurts. The second was okay. Rosie is clearly already thinking she's a solo artist. We'll see...
    The Prog Corner

I'd never even heard of this band until this thread. Checked out their stuff on Youtube this weekend and, for what it is, I really enjoyed it, some of the better retro/70s/stoner rock that I've heard. I'll sample some more and may pick one up. Too bad they just broke up.

Bill

So are they a missing Purson now?

I think their output diluted with every new release. This disband may be a good thing for all involved.

That's too bad. Last album lacked identity compared to the excellent first. But it still had a nice "60s period flavor" about it. We'll see what transpires from here. Could be a good thing as suggested above!

i have their first one and really like it, never picked up the 2nd one but man, what groovy cover art. I wish them well.