Thread: New Bröselmaschine album (?!)

New Bröselmaschine album (?!)

I learned about this today, and thought it interesting enough to share. Who knows how good it will be, but the description below sounds intriguing at least. And the album cover is really cool I think! I've always enjoyed their debut and was one of the 3 great Pilz label Krautrock folk albums of the early 70s.

Label says: "32 years after the release of their last studio album (Graublau, 1985) the Krautrock veteran Bröselmaschine is back with a phenomenal new album. Diverified, soulful and skillful the formation around guitar guru Peter Bursch is presenting the new songs. In June 2014 the remarkable debut from 1971 was voted by the New York music blog Pigeons & Planes on rank 9 of the most important Krautrock albums.

The new album Indian Camel with female singer/model Liz is again an odor signature for eternity.

Feat. famous comedian, multi instrumentalist and former band member Helge Schneider on saxophone and Nippy Noya on percussions.

1. I Was Angry 04:22
    2. Fall Into The Sky 05:43
    3. Peace Of Heaven 05:43
    4. Don’t Cross My Way 03:57
    5. Indian Camel 12:08
    6. Stacey 03:34
    7. Children Of The Revolution 02:45
    8. Daydreaming 03:28"

Broselmaschine Indian Camel.jpg

First, just let the me express my complete fascination with the fact that all good folks active in those immaculately vital Yes threads (and currently just two-or-three ones on Genesis) wouldn't instantly jump into this one to fill out.

Yeah, indeed the first Bröselmaschine album is a total classic and AFAIK Mr. Bursch has lost little of his general glow as songsmith and/or performer - at least according to some friends of mine who heard him on more than one occasion at festivals in recent years (Burg Herzberg and so on). So I agree; given the somewhat timeless nature of his chosen "rock" medium, this new one is promising.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I've never heard of Bröselmaschine, somehow. What were they like?

The artwork for the new album is great, btw. Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    I've never heard of Bröselmaschine, somehow. What were they like?
    Hazy Psychedelic Folk more akin to the English offerings in that field. Very good.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Hazy Psychedelic Folk more akin to the English offerings in that field. Very good.
    Interesting! I'm gonna check them out. Thanks.

I've toyed with the idea of getting their 2nd & 3rd albums. They're not at all expensive, which makes me think that maybe they went in a different direction than the first. Anybody heard 'em?

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    Label says: [I]"32 years after the release of their last studio album (Graublau, 1985) the Krautrock veteran Bröselmaschine is back with a phenomenal new album.....
    Here's more on the band and the album, at the site of that aforementioned record label:

http://www.mig-music.de/en/releases/broeselmaschine-2/

Not an autobuy (I'll have to sample first), but I'm planting a flag over this new release.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    .... and Nippy Noya on percussions.
    Good to see Nippy's still live and kicking. He plays on millions of albums, like "Jan Akkerman".

This wins the award of the single most unexpected bit of news I heard this week. Count me in!

Peter Bursch was famous for his tablature folk picking guitar methods, the Germans Stefan Grossman. I have and like the first Bröselmaschine ( strange band name 'Brösel' are bread crumps btw) Curious to listen to the new record.

Envoyé de mon GT-I9195 en utilisant Tapatalk
    Dieter Moebius : "Art people like things they don’t understand!"

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I've toyed with the idea of getting their 2nd & 3rd albums. They're not at all expensive, which makes me think that maybe they went in a different direction than the first. Anybody heard 'em?
    Get 'em, they 're all excellent folk rock (though not as hazy as their debut).

On the waiting list for the brand new one...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Thanks Spyros.