Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steve Hogarth & Isildurs Bane

Quote Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
    For those new to the MINDs of IB:
    MIND V.1 - (Not being reprinted - what a shame.) This was to me the most exciting and vibrant of these releases. It includes great melodies in the format of a voyage. I hope they decide to reprint this.
    MIND V.2 LIVE - Two CD live set includes most of the best parts of their previous work. Really great.
    MIND V.3 - A recording of mostly esoteric improv sessions with the Metamorphosi Trio at one of the first IB Expos. I've never listened all the way through.
    MIND V.4 - A real departure for them, with a great singer and shorter, stronger songs.
    MIND V.5 - Another wonderful live recording featuring new songs and songs from V.4.
    Just a few comments. MIND Vol. 1 is currently out of print, but will be re-released with the other IB albums that are currently out of print (The Voyage, MIND Vol. 4 plus the early albums, Sagan om Ringen and Sagan om den Irländska Älgen). If there is anything related to these albums in the archives that could be interesting, it may be added to the originals. Probably new artwork, perhaps new sleeve notes.

What would you, good people who enjoy a bit of IB, like to see when these old albums get released again?

Regarding MIND Vol. 3. Only the first part of the album is largely improvised. The second part is actually music composed for a stage production, a theatre performance as it were.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    What would you, good people who enjoy a bit of IB, like to see when these old albums get released again?
    If all the reissues include bonus tracks from the vaults, having those tracks compiled onto a CD would be desirable for us long time fans who already have all the original releases.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    If all the reissues include bonus tracks from the vaults, having those tracks compiled onto a CD would be desirable for us long time fans who already have all the original releases.
    Thanks for the input moecurlythanu. Perhaps a second volume of Lost Eggs?

Thanks for the input moecurlythanu. Perhaps a second volume of Lost Eggs?
    Absolutely.

Autobuy.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Great idea. Definitely preferable. The re-releases may have a different package or remaster, but I would also prefer a separate collection of out-takes and side projects. Didn't Mats Johansson write music for another show or festival in Sweden after Volume 3? And I personally consider your catalog at Burning Shed to give it a quality advantage, meaning they will not put out poor quality releases.
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

Perhaps a second volume of Lost Eggs?

Wow.. I would buy it in a wink of an Eye, Thomas. When could we expect these reissues? This will be X-mas for me

Perhaps a second volume of Lost Eggs?

And a DVD with a compilation of the Expo's would be wonderful. Especially those with Mick Karn.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Is MIND V.1 the one with the part where chess moves are read aloud for a while? I remember this annoyed some people.
    Yes, that's the one. Really loved that actually. It was the red line in a review I wrote in those days (combining it with a Dan Simmons-book) and it was a nice subject for a good interview I did with Mats back then.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Yes, that's the one. Really loved that actually. It was the red line in a review I wrote in those days (combining it with a Dan Simmons-book) and it was a nice subject for a good interview I did with Mats back then.
    Not sure I get how that works, but which Dan Simmons book was it?

Not sure I get how that works, but which Dan Simmons book was it?
    In Dan Simmons' Carrion Comfort there's a scene with a supernatural chess-game.
    Here's a review you can read about it: http://www.mysteriousreviews.com/mys...l#.WPd1ldLyiUk

Lost Eggs 2 would be my preference too.

And a DVD with a compilation of the Expo's would be wonderful. Especially those with Mick Karn.
    I'm afraid there is no DVD material of Mick at IB Expo. I may be wrong, but probably not. There should be some audio, though.

In Dan Simmons' Carrion Comfort there's a scene with a supernatural chess-game.
    Here's a review you can read about it: http://www.mysteriousreviews.com/mys...l#.WPd1ldLyiUk
    Ok, I've read it. Great book.

Speaking of Mick Karn (as Interbellum did), have any of you good people read Mick's book?

Any information on when will the reissues be released? Fantastic band!!

Burning Shed says mine's in the mail.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

This release sounded really interesting but I can't find a copy in the UK at all, is it a limited edition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    This release sounded really interesting but I can't find a copy in the UK at all, is it a limited edition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think Marillion.com have sold out their 1000 copies signed by Hogarth, but Burning Shed should have the album.

Speaking of Mick Karn (as Interbellum did), have any of you good people read Mick's book?
    I have. Very good read.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

I think Marillion.com have sold out their 1000 copies signed by Hogarth, but Burning Shed should have the album.
    They are sold out too, but today they have added that it will be back in stock soon, so I'll keep checking.

I read the book too and thought it was very moving. Mick tells HIS story and doesn't hold back to tell things that might hurt some or himself. It's not chronologically told, but if you're into that you better buy the Japan-book by Anthony Reynolds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hour Candle View Post
    Any information on when will the reissues be released? Fantastic band!!
    The albums that are currently out of print will be re-released one at a time. Probably one or possibly two releases this year. It's likely that The Voyage will be released this year, as it has been out of print for ten years or so at this point.

The albums that are currently out of print will be re-released one at a time. Probably one or possibly two releases this year. It's likely that The Voyage will be released this year, as it has been out of print for ten years or so at this point.
    Thanks for your answer. I will get the reissue of The Voyage straight away. Amazing album! Are there plans on reissuing Sea Reflections and Eight Moments of Eternity on cd as well? Can't wait

Received my copy from Racket yesterday. I enjoyed my first listen, and it is way too early to tell how this will eventually rank, but first impression is positive. It's very short (although I knew that before ordering) and I can't say I'm a huge fan of the soft spoken words that Hogarth inserts a bit too much (for my taste) into his non Marillion work.

-r

Quote Originally Posted by Hour Candle View Post
    Thanks for your answer. I will get the reissue of The Voyage straight away. Amazing album! Are there plans on reissuing Sea Reflections and Eight Moments of Eternity on cd as well? Can't wait
    The plan is to make all the albums available, which includes Sea Reflections and Eight Moments of Eternity, of course. Do you like those albums, Hour Candle? They are regarded by some as too fusion influenced.