Thread: SCOTCH Whisky Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    That's the best way to drink it.
    Oh, totally agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    I'm the furthest thing from a snob in the spirits space, but the same "love of exploring" and collecting that got me knee deep into music, did the same for spirits. Single Malt Scotch is my favorite of all spirits. For me it's like "jazz", where it's difficult to find a bad jazz record.
    I feel similarly. I wouldn’t consider myself a connoisseur by any means, I just really enjoy the exploration and collecting new whiskies/spirits. Single malt scotch is probably tied with bourbon as my favorite kind of liquor; both can have a lot of variety and there’s always more to explore it seems. I’ve gone back and forth as far as which is numero uno for me, so I guess I’ll have to settle for it being a tie.

I like your analogy to jazz and single malts.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

It's single malts and tequila for me

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    What about Mezcal? Do you like that? Since I had to breathe wildfire smoke most of the summer, I found the smoky flavor of either islay malt or mezcal went right along with the smoky air. Seemed to make it more tolerable. But maybe that's just me. Making the best of an unhealthy mess.

And thanks to the firefighters, who do their best, day after day and week after week, fighting California's megafires. And thanks to the firefighters who do the same all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    What about Mezcal? Do you like that? Since I had to breathe wildfire smoke most of the summer, I found the smoky flavor of either islay malt or mezcal went right along with the smoky air. Seemed to make it more tolerable. But maybe that's just me. Making the best of an unhealthy mess.

And thanks to the firefighters, who do their best, day after day and week after week, fighting California's megafires. And thanks to the firefighters who do the same all over the world.
    Sorry you have to put up with that....must be a lousy situation.

Honestly I've only had it about 5 or 6 times, so I'm not very experienced. However, I love tequila so much that no spirit will ever de-throne it from the top spot (along with single malts).

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I heard there痴 a shortage of some hootch due to the still apparently backed-up postal service (and maybe other shippers) affecting various supply lines. Have people noticed this?
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

The sweet smell of Afghanistan rewards a long day痴 toil.

I notice there are lots of empty shelves in the stores, and you can't count on finding your favorite booze or beer most places. Not to mention groceries or paper goods. There are ships floating off the coast of large import-export docks such as Los Angeles and Long Beach in California waiting to be unloaded. I have not heard if this is true elsewhere, but it is throwing a monkey wrench in the west coast supply chain. This is in addition to the Post Office trying to DeJoy itself to death. Hard times. Probably gonna get worse.

The place where I usually go for booze had a killer selection of single malts...the only limitation I had was knowing my wife will see the credit card statement at the end of the month.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    I notice there are lots of empty shelves in the stores, and you can't count on finding your favorite booze or beer most places. Not to mention groceries or paper goods. There are ships floating off the coast of large import-export docks such as Los Angeles and Long Beach in California waiting to be unloaded. I have not heard if this is true elsewhere, but it is throwing a monkey wrench in the west coast supply chain. This is in addition to the Post Office trying to DeJoy itself to death. Hard times. Probably gonna get worse.
    Yeah, sounds like the LA port is the main problem, and is where 30% of imports arrive. Must be a major fustercluck.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

The sweet smell of Afghanistan rewards a long day痴 toil.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I heard there’s a shortage of some hootch due to the still apparently backed-up postal service (and maybe other shippers) affecting various supply lines. Have people noticed this?
    Here's an article about the supply chain snafu:

From pot pies to plumbing supplies to toys, supply chain snarls are creating shortages