Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Who Is Next?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Based on what's gone before, it's very unlikely that more than two Prog-Rock bands will enter in any one year, and that's being generous.
    That's OK because Messrs Anderson and Fripp both insist they're not 'prog'.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullhead View Post
    I don't know why anyone would really care about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
    The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is an amazing museum filled with wonderful artifacts of musicians and bands of yesterday and today. Where else can you see the soundboard used for "Are You Experienced?," Bob Marley's cap, Sonny and Cher costumes from their variety show, Run DMC's Adidas sneakers, hand written lyrics by the Beatles, Bruce Springsteen and other notables, and the inflatable hot dog Phish rode on at Madison Square Garden?

The room where the plaques of the inductees are located is a relatively small room. You can easily skip it if you visit the place one day.

I visited in July for my birthday and it was one of the most enjoyable trips I have ever been on.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is an amazing museum filled with wonderful artifacts of musicians and bands of yesterday and today. Where else can you see the soundboard used for "Are You Experienced?," Bob Marley's cap, Sonny and Cher costumes from their variety show, Run DMC's Adidas sneakers, hand written lyrics by the Beatles, Bruce Springsteen and other notables, and the inflatable hot dog Phish rode on at Madison Square Garden?

The room where the plaques of the inductees are located is a relatively small room. You can easily skip it if you visit the place one day.

I visited in July for my birthday and it was one of the most enjoyable trips I have ever been on.

Agree, as a museum it is an amazing place. I don't agree with many of the inductees, but the place itself is really cool.

No problem with the "Rock and Roll Museum". They could have the museum without the silly RRHOF. It's stupid, silly and the reason it upsets people is because of the complete lunacy of the whole thing. It divides people, music should bring people together not this.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Take a step outside the bubble.
    Do you mean like everyone on this forum that things prog rock is alive and well?

Do you mean like everyone on this forum that things prog rock is alive and well?
    ronmac is right, though. If any band or musician sold a million copies, they are in. Pat Metheney and The Carpenters are in for sure. Badass-go-against-the-system Australian rockers Air Supply are in.

Just about everyone.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

No problem with the "Rock and Roll Museum". They could have the museum without the silly RRHOF. It's stupid, silly and the reason it upsets people is because of the complete lunacy of the whole thing. It divides people, music should bring people together not this.
    music should bring people together

Hmmmm... very true.

*quote noted for the next time you, Skullhead, go on a tirade about people making music via computers

Do people outside of PE really take the inductions that seriously that they feel the whole process divides people?
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

^I give them some credit for including several of the most egregrious omissions over recent years. A pity that some have died beforehand though (people like Chris Squire and Jon Lord); perhaps they would have appreciated it.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Where else can you see...Bob Marley's cap
    What? They preserved that?

the inflatable hot dog Phish rode on at Madison Square Garden?
    Wasn't that the Beastie Boys? Maybe both bands used one.

I'd wager calling it the RRHOF and inducting people gets them a lot more of the cool memorabilia than they'd get otherwise. And, the publicity generated by people complaining about, or pushing for, inductees is definitely a positive in terms of getting people there.

Music has divided people for as long as I can remember. "My music is good/your's sucks" Nothing shows that more than internet message boards, but it was going on when I was a kid and it will no doubt be going on for a long time after I'm gone.

It's stupid, silly and the reason it upsets people is because of the complete lunacy of the whole thing. It divides people, music should bring people together not this.
    Oh, the irony....
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Oh, the irony....
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Oh, the irony....