Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Who Is Next?

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    The Moody Blues
    They would be my new #1 choice.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    ^In the UK, I would say Bowie is probably considered second only to The Beatles in terms of importance and influence.
    More than the Stones, The Who, Zeppelin or Queen?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
    People have a strange definition of "bottom of the barrel" I personally love Big Generator and Hold Your Fire. I also have a lot of affection for Journey.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk
    AOR is verboten 'round these parts.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Van Morrison's not in?
    Not to get too political - but Van is from Belfast which make him British.

I wonder if Talk Talk would have a shot?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    But he probably identifies as Irish.

Don't we all!

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    where's the love for THE MONKEES???????????

Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam's t-shirt showing artists NOT in the Rock Hall including The Monkees.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSor1Cmgds7/

Yeah, I was gonna say, a good way to insult an Irishman is to call him "British". I remember there was one Irish band, I can't remember who, might have been Hothouse Flowers, where the lead singer wrote a letter to Rolling Stone, I think it was, very pointedly taking exception to being called a "British band" in a recent article the magazine had run.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Yeah, I was gonna say, a good way to insult an Irishman is to call him "British". I remember there was one Irish band, I can't remember who, might have been Hothouse Flowers, where the lead singer wrote a letter to Rolling Stone, I think it was, very pointedly taking exception to being called a "British band" in a recent article the magazine had run.
    True - and, as a Scotsman of Irish descent, I completely understand the sentiment - however Sir George Ivan Morrison O.B.E. (Order of the British Empire) might not agree.

Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam's t-shirt showing artists NOT in the Rock Hall including The Monkees.

Great list of bands/artists that really do belong in.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

How about Steely Dan?
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    How about Steely Dan?

Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in March 2001.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Nice to see weather report on Jeff's list - only a bass player would give props because of Jaco.

Also Brian Eno who I think will eventually get in .

Banned
    Van Morrison's not in?
    Yes he is in. Since Folk is in, and every genre that has influenced and impacted rock, why not jazz fusion? Return to Forever[emoji106]

Crimson, absolutely.

Cars will deservedly get in soon. (already on ballot)

Pat Benatar: glaring omission, IMO.

Supertramp will get in, by virtue of their massive pop success, but I'll take it.

Maiden or Priest. (its time for another metal inductee, bet it will be Priest).

Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    underrated!!!!!
    Completely agree! Under the Rose!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
    People have a strange definition of "bottom of the barrel" I personally love Big Generator and Hold Your Fire. I also have a lot of affection for Journey.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk
    Love them both...and BG is hands down my favorite album of the Rabin era.

Quote Originally Posted by Score2112 View Post
    Under The Rose -- great song!!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Actually, I just remembered: under the Belfast Agreement, also known as the Good Friday Agreement, people born in Northern Ireland can choose to be British citizens, Irish citizens or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Score2112 View Post
    The three best songs on Music From The Elder are I, Dark Light and A World Without Heroes. The rest of the album is just ok. Might have been interesting if either a. they had made something like Music From The Elder after Destroyer (since Destroyer was about "pushing the parameters of what Kiss could be", they should have kept on going on the followup), or b. if Ezrin had been sober during the Music From The Elder sessions, and hadn't disappeared half way through making the record.

I still say Ezrin was under the impression he was still working on The Wall, and didn't realize that his "Let's take Kiss and their audience to a place they've never been, and really show how smart Kiss can be" concept was poorly timed. I think Ezrin got it right when he summed up that whole deal with three words "I was wrong".

Actually, I just remembered: under the Belfast Agreement, also known as the Good Friday Agreement, people born in Northern Ireland can choose to be British citizens, Irish citizens or both.
    My wife had an Irish grandmother, which qualifies her for joint citizenship.

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Who Is Next?

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    The three best songs on Music From The Elder are I, Dark Light and A World Without Heroes. The rest of the album is just ok. Might have been interesting if either a. they had made something like Music From The Elder after Destroyer (since Destroyer was about "pushing the parameters of what Kiss could be", they should have kept on going on the followup), or b. if Ezrin had been sober during the Music From The Elder sessions, and hadn't disappeared half way through making the record.

I still say Ezrin was under the impression he was still working on The Wall, and didn't realize that his "Let's take Kiss and their audience to a place they've never been, and really show how smart Kiss can be" concept was poorly timed. I think Ezrin got it right when he summed up that whole deal with three words "I was wrong".
    Never liked World. Rose, Dark light, Odyssey are the best, imo. But I often listen to it top to bottom and find it to be a satisfying listen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre View Post
    My wife had an Irish grandmother, which qualifies her for joint citizenship.
    It is getting quite interesting now in the UK - they are getting out of the EU - Brexit and all that - but if you have a close Irish relative you can get an Irish i.e. European passport and enjoy all the rights of membership of the EU.

Which begs the question - and bring us back to our original thread - is it easier to get into the EU than it is to get into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame?

Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    Iron Maiden

King Crimson

Moody Blues

Black Flag

you have to wonder what next 90s era band will go in. have to think that a media/industry darling like Wilco will get on the ballot

Sonic Youth will be on at some point. I'd love to see the Butthole Surfers. Husker Du. don't think any will have a chance tho. maybe now that Pearl Jam will be advocates . . ..

completely thrilled that Eddie Vedder shouted out my Ohio friends Guided by Voices in his speech last night. fuckin awesome. and deserved!
    Guided By Voices should be in the Hall Of Fame. Robert Pollard is a genius.

Along with:

Pixies
    The Cars
    ELP
    Jethro Tull
    Kansas
    KING CRIMSON
    Moody Blues
    Iron Maiden
    Judas Priest
    Janes Addiction
    Nine Inch Nails
    Kraftwerk
    Styx

But how about this: Bon Jovi and Def Leppard have sold over a quarter of a billion albums between then and neither band is enshrined in Cleveland. (I dislike them both but c'mon now...)
    The Prog Corner

Jefferson James
    The Cars would be worthy, methinks. Been binging lately and they're fucking awesome. Whoever said they sucked in concert was wrong as far as I've been able to tell. Really, such fantastic pop songs. "Panorama" tried to re-invent pop music, who ever heard a smash hit with verses like "Touch and Go"? Total weirdness.

If Wilco ever got in it would, unfortunately, cause me to turn in my RRHOF membership (I got a neat beer cooler for joining and discounts at Hard Rock Cafes).

Troy Smith is predicting both The Moody Blues and Jethro Tull.

Not sure about Rage Against the Machine, just purely for the fact Faith No More isn't in, and that would be a bit like Metallica going in before Black Sabbath.

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainme...er_mobile_home