Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Porcupine Tree - Stars Die: The Delerium Years (91-97)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I guess that was the "natural" end of this thread, then.
    I guess so.

Actually, I can see what you mean about there being very little (if any) development in PT musically after Signify. I still enjoy some of it, like Blackest Eyes, but I find his last few solo albums to be much more interesting to me personally.

And I've got that Bass Communion box set that was released a two or three years back. Need to dust that one off and listen to it again.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    I can see what you mean about there being very little (if any) development in PT musically after Signify. I still enjoy some of it
    There are good parts on I.A., DW and Blank, but they're little but enhancements - not advancements. IMHO.

Consequently I just slipped away after Signify, although I suppose it was already somewhat in the works as I'd moved into different areas of musical interests by '96.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

There are good parts on I.A., DW and Blank, but they're little but enhancements - not advancements. IMHO.

Consequently I just slipped away after Signify, although I suppose it was already somewhat in the works as I'd moved into different areas of musical interests by '96.
    Agreed. And I get that too, as I've moved onto other interests in the years since as well. I "discovered" In Absentia in 2003, and at that time the most experimental music I knew of was probably Peter Gabriel's solo material. So PTree was quite a new experience for me.

It came as a limited edition collector's item of leftovers from the UtD sessions in '91.
    In a way, On the Sunday of Life and Up the Downstairs remain the more "naturally enjoyable" P.T. albums to my ears. However, I still think that the 3rd I.E.M. album is the best and more adventurous Steven Wilson recorded work, to this day.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS