Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Steve Wilson Songs From The Wood remix

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    If someone had played Old Aces Die Hard to me and asked from which album it was an outtake, I'd have said Too Old...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    If someone had played Old Aces Die Hard to me and asked from which album it was an outtake, I'd have said Too Old...
    I could see that, actually. Or maybe even WarChild.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I would have said "Minstrel in the Galley" haha.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Just bought this (I know I know), it's very good, a really well put together collection. I'm liking the remix/remaster a lot, sounds great, the live material on CD & DVD are particularly excellent. Some of the bonus material, other than Old Aces Die Hard, are a bit superfluous. Overall very happy to have picked it up.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

So I picked up a used copy (printed in 1973!) of Folklore, Myths, and Legends of Britain from a bookstore in Lancashire for £34 (with shipping). This was the book that inspired Ian to write this album.

(from Wiki):

Anderson was partly inspired by the book Folklore, Myths and Legends of Britain which was given to him by Jethro Tull's then manager Jo Lustig in 1976. According to Anderson, the book "certainly gave me thoughts about the elements of characters and stories that played out in my songwriting on the Songs From the Wood album, which then carried on over to the Heavy Horses album and even beyond that into the Stormwatch album."[4]

It's pretty detailed, a real monster! Looks great, can't wait to dig in.

md22700779340.jpg
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    So I picked up a used copy (printed in 1973!) of Folklore, Myths, and Legends of Britain from a bookstore in Lancashire for £34 (with shipping). This was the book that inspired Ian to write this album.

(from Wiki):

Anderson was partly inspired by the book Folklore, Myths and Legends of Britain which was given to him by Jethro Tull's then manager Jo Lustig in 1976. According to Anderson, the book "certainly gave me thoughts about the elements of characters and stories that played out in my songwriting on the Songs From the Wood album, which then carried on over to the Heavy Horses album and even beyond that into the Stormwatch album."[4]

It's pretty detailed, a real monster! Looks great, can't wait to dig in.

md22700779340.jpg
    You got that for a great price! It's long out of print and is extremely difficult to find. Carve out a few hours and put Songs From the Wood on the HiFi while you delve into this book and escape the vicissitudes of life for awhile.